Marc Márquez ~ Repsol Honda

"Oh, crap, I messed it up big time..." (1225 words)

---

"Marc, you know what's coming up this week, don't you?" Dani smiled as he nonchalantly took a sip of water, hinting at an upcoming special occasion. His brown eyes widened at the fact that he forgot what was happening this week.

It was his teammate and good friend's 32nd birthday coming up and he completely forgot about it. Not wanting to be a bad friend, he decided to cover up his forgetfulness and asked him what was coming up.

"What's coming up this week, Dani?" Marc stuttered, not wanting him to find out that he forgot about his party.

"It's my birthday?" Dani's statement sounded like a question, in which he was confused about why he asked. "Did you forget, Márquez?"

"What? No! No, no, no, I didn't forget my friend's birthday!" The Spanish driver giggled nervously as he bit his lip about ideas of an impromptu surprise party for the fellow Honda rider. "Wait, I forgot! I have a haircut appointment, I'll see you later, mi amigo."

---

"Márquez? You look like you just went through a Black Friday sale, what happened?" Jorge's hazel eyes were surprised when he saw Marc run around the paddock, trying to grab as many drivers as he can to help him plan the party for Dani.

"He forgot about Dani's 32nd birthday," Maverick smirked smugly as he looked up at the group of drivers from his phone, "but, we'll work together to ensure that he'll love the party."

"Way to make him feel less guilty, Viñales," Tito rolled his eyes at the younger Spanish rider and playfully punched him on the shoulder, "we're trying to help him out, not bring him down!"

"Thanks for coming to my defense, Tito. And Maverick, you are exactly correct," Marc clapped his hands sarcastically as he came up with the plan. "Jorge, do you know anyone that can help out with the cake?"

"A good friend of mine owns a very famous bakery right here in Barcelona," Jorge spoke up, knowing of someone who could help Marc very much. "If you want, do you want me to call her right now? Plus, she's your age, Marc..." Marc rolled his eyes at Jorge and nonetheless, still blushed and turned bright red at his Spanish friend's comment.

The entire group nodded their heads, which made Jorge immediately dial the number and his friend picked up the call after a few rings.

"Hola? Oh, Jorge, hi!" She spoke up as soon as she realized who had called her. "What's up?"

"Hi, Y/N, could you help out Marc? He needs help with a birthday cake," Jorge wiggled his eyebrows at Marc and had a cheeky smirk on his face. "Dani's turning 32 soon and Marc forgot about it and now, we're planning an impromptu party for him."

"Oh yeah, I've helped him out when he forgot about Marc's birthday," Marc's eyes widened and blushed at her statement. Internally, he wanted to get back at Dani for forgetting his birthday, but he didn't want to ruin his friendship, so he let it go. "Yeah, you guys can send Marc over in the next few minutes, the bakery's not that busy."

"We sure will," Jorge chuckled and nodded his head as he, Tito, and Maverick all nudged Marc towards his car to get him to Y/N's bakery. "Thank you so much for helping us out, Y/N, we appreciate it."

"Haha, no problem, Jorge, I'll see Marc here in a few minutes then." She wrote down the appointment for Marc to help out with Dani's birthday cake. "I'll talk to you guys later, I got to go, I have to go set up the displays."

---

"Ah, you must be Marc," Y/N smirked as she heard the bell ring above the door and waved at the Spanish rider. "Please, have a seat," she pointed towards the chair, which he took his seat and nervously smiled. "So, I understand from Jorge that you need help with Dani's birthday cake?"

Marc nodded his head fervently and agreed, "yeah, I messed up big time about forgetting his birthday."

"We all have those days, Mr. Márquez," she giggled as one of the bakers brought out flavor samples for Marc to try, "alright, let's get started on the cake testing, shall we?"

---

"What did you think of Y/N's cake?" Jorge smiled as he helped Marc help get the cake into the fridge, wanting to hide it from Dani before he got there.

"It was very delicious," Marc's mouth watered at the memory of the delectable chocolate cake, "she's a very excellent baker, I can see why her bakery is very famous." Every time he thought about Y/N after the day they met, his heart fluttered and his cheeks heated up

"Marc, do you realize what this means, don't you?" A smirk appeared on the Spanish Ducati rider, picking up his not-so-subtle hints. "You like Y/N! You do, don't you even dare deny it."

Marc's cheeks heated up and turned bright red at Jorge's statement. He didn't confirm nor deny what Jorge said, instead he elected to stay silent about it.

"Well, Y/N is dropping by for the party tonight, so definitely talk to her, mi amigo." Jorge encourages the young Honda rider to talk to his friend.

"You really think it's going to work?" Marc hesitantly asked Jorge, who did nothing but smile confidently and nod his head.

---

"Y/N! Would you mind if I sat down next to you?" Marc suavely moved up to Y/N, who was sitting at the open bar. She was caught off guard by Marc surprising her, but nonetheless, she nodded her head and let him sit.

"Marc! How are you?" Y/N's cheeks turned slightly pink, but it was unnoticeable and Marc didn't notice.

"I'm feeling fantastic, especially since the planning for the party is over," Marc smiled softly as he turned around to find Dani chat with Dovi. "How are you? It's been a while since I've seen you."

"I've been feeling great," she giggled as she thought about what she had gotten up to in the past few days. "I see that you enjoyed the cake very much," Y/N giggled at the fact that Marc had a smear of the chocolate ganache still on his lips. Marc aimlessly started to go and try to clean the chocolate, but Y/N got to the point and just planted a kiss onto his lips.

It was now Marc's turn to get surprised, but he knew he had to kiss her back. The kiss, which had a nice and slow tempo to it, was passionate yet gentle; knowing it was the first time they kissed each other.

"Yes, I knew this was going to happen!" They both heard Jorge exclaim from afar, to which they playfully rolled their eyes at, but still smiled. "And Jorge the Matchmaker strikes again!"

---

Hi, I'm back again! It's almost been a month since I've last updated on here, I am so sorry! From here on out, I'll try my best to update both of my one shot books with an equal amount of pace. Anyhoo, keep an eye out for the next one, which will be with Álex Rins. Other than that, I hope you enjoyed this one shot; have a GREAT rest of your day/night, and I'll see you later! Bye!

- Priya 😀