Andrea Dovizioso ~ Ducati Team

"I really appreciated the help, thank you..." (1095 words)

---

"Jorge, have you seen Sara?" Andrea spoke to his teammate after he searched for his daughter throughout his pit box and couldn't find her. She had tagged along to watch her father race in the San Marino Grand Prix and he was sure he had seen her about five minutes ago, but now, she had gone off to a different part of the Misano World Circuit. "I couldn't find her in my pit box."

"I haven't seen her, Andrea," the Spanish rider shook his head and frowned, "I'm sorry."

"Oh, crap," Andrea muttered under his breath and thanked Jorge for his help before leaving his box and went to check the other parts of the circuit.

---

Y/N heard the cries of a little girl as she walked around the circuit and talked with Maverick (as she was his PR officer) for a few seconds until she had to excuse herself and go check on her.

"Hi, sweetie," Y/N softly spoke up as she slowly approached the Italian's daughter and looked at her, "what's the matter?"

"I got lost and I don't know where I am," she sniffled as the tears finally came to a stop, "could you please help me find my dad?"

Y/N nodded her head and softly smiled at the little girl in front of her, "don't worry, I'll help you find your dad. What's your name?"

"Sara," she replied to Y/N's question, who nodded her head and walked along with her.

"Nice to meet you, Sara. My name is Y/N," she smiled as she and Sara were trying their best to find her dad. "Sara, do you remember what your dad was wearing?"

"Um, I remember he was wearing a red and white jacket and he was also wearing a cap on his head." Sara recollected what she remembered her father was wearing. "Of course, he's wearing jeans, but that's all I remember before I headed off to the bathroom."

"Alright, that's nice to know," Y/N took a mental note of what Sara's dad was wearing.

"Although, he might've changed into his overalls by now," the Italian added an additional detail, which made Y/N stop in her tracks.

"Sara, is your dad a rider?" She was surprised as soon as Sara finished her sentence. Sara nodded her head and spoke up once again.

"Yeah, his name is Andrea Dovizioso," this made Y/N's life so much easier and she now knew which pit box to go into.

---

"Oh god, I can't find Sara, what am I going to do now?" Andrea was on the verge of breaking down into tears as his light brown eyes were brimmed with salty tears. He heard the door knock, which made him tense up and he stood up and went to open the door, only to see Sara and someone next to her. "Sara! You got me so worried, but I'm glad you're safe and sound."

"I'm so sorry, Dad, I just wanted to go to the bathroom and I got lost on my way coming back," Sara said as she gave her father a hug to calm him down. "But luckily, Y/N helped me out and led me back to you."

Y/N's cheeks heated up as Sara mentioned her name, which made Andrea look at her.

"I really appreciated the help. Thank you..." Andrea's Italian accent was strong as he spoke English, but he didn't know her name, which made her speak up.

"I'm Y/N," she smiled as she shook hands with Andrea, "I'm glad I could help you and Sara out."

"How can I repay you for helping out?" He smiled as he turned around and saw Sara admire his Ducati motorcycle. Turning back around to face Y/N, his honey brown eyes looked into her E/C eyes as they both thought of what to do.

"Oh, you don't have to repay me," Y/N shook her head, but Andrea was adamant about how he could ever thank her.

"I insist," he chuckled, showing his pearly white teeth before he thought of something. "How about dinner after the Grand Prix?"

She thought about what Andrea had asked her for a few moments and had a smirk on her face, "I'd be open to going out to dinner with you tonight."

"That'd be wonderful," Andrea spoke up as he quickly wrote his number down on a Post-It and smiled as he handed it to Y/N.

She held the Post-It note in her hand and smiled at the two Italians before she had to excuse herself to go back to Maverick's pit box as it was almost time for the lights to go out.

---

"You had a nice race there, Andrea," Y/N smiled at the Italian as she entered the restaurant and swiftly took her seat. "Also, I'm so sorry that I came here a little late; my briefing with Maverick ran later than expected."

"It's alright, Y/N," the Italian shook his head politely and shook it off, a smile took over his face as his warm honey brown eyes sparkled due to the light from the chandelier reflecting itself in his beautiful eyes. "I'm glad you gave this a chance, and I'm even gladder you made Sara feel safe while you helped her."

"Sara is such a sweet girl," Y/N nodded her head at Dovi as her dazzling eyes looked into his eyes, "I was happy to help her out and I'm glad I got her back to you in a safe way."

"You literally are a life saver, Y/N," he chuckled and he set his menu down as he thought about the dish(es) he wanted to order for the night.

Y/N's cheeks heated up and turned a bright pink as Andrea complimented her once again. He was thankful that she helped him out and he also felt like he and Y/N had a special connection. Y/N felt the same about Andrea and thought maybe he was the one.

They both were thankful for the eventful hour back at the Misano World Circuit that now brought them to the present, where they currently were on their first date together; maybe it was the start of something new for Andrea and Y/N...

---

Hi, I'm back with another update for the day! I enjoyed writing this one, I'll be honest with y'all. Anyhoo, keep an eye out for the next one shot, which will finally be the Dani Pedrosa one shot. And other than that, I hope you enjoyed this one shot; have a GREAT rest of your day/night, and I'll see you later! Bye! 

- Priya 😀