Andrea Dovizioso ~ Ducati Team

"He's in love with you!" (1188 words)

---

"Thank you so much for helping out, I'm so sorry that it's a last-minute thing too, but the team called me and Jorge in for an emergency meeting and I had no-one else help out." He rambled on as he and his daughter, Sara, made their way inside Y/N's apartment.

Andrea and Y/N had been friends for a very long time now and she was always happy to take care of Sara whenever he had to attend to some business involving MotoGP he couldn't skip.

"Oh, it's not a problem at all," Y/N shook her head as she let the father and daughter make their way inside her humble abode. "I'm more than happy to watch Sara for a few hours."

Andrea kneeled down and pressed a kiss on Sara's cheek and gave Y/N a hug before saying his goodbyes and left the scene. Y/N looked at Sara and had a smile on her face as she saw the backpack she was holding.

"I'm assuming that your dad wants you to do your homework before he gets back?" She asked the little girl in front of her, who nodded her head as her response.

"Yeah," Sara spoke up as she made her way to the dining table and got her homework all kept together as Y/N pulled up another chair and sat down next to her. "Could you help me out with some of it, please?"

"Of course, I'd be happy to help you, sweetie," Y/N nodded her head, which made Sara happy and she started to explain what she needed help with.

---

"You did a very nice job with your math homework, Sara," Y/N spoke up as soon as Sara had finished the last problem from her assignment. Standing up from her chair, she walked over to the kitchen and grabbed two bowls from the pantry and added a few scoops of ice cream for a quick snack break.

"Thank you," Sara smiled as Y/N handed her a bowl of her favorite ice cream and immediately started to dig into the ice cream.

"You deserved it, honey," she shook her head as she took her own seat and had her bowl of ice cream in her hands. "Plus, I thought you might want a quick break from all the homework."

Sara let out a wholehearted laugh and nodded her head as she agreed with the statement.

"Oh, my dad and I were going to go out for dinner tonight and he asked me to ask you if you were interested to come with us?" She spoke up as she finished her last bite of her bowl of ice cream. "We'd love it if you're able to make it, but it's totally your decision."

"I'd be happy to come along to dinner tonight," Y/N nodded her head as she remembered she didn't have much on her schedule for the day, since it wasn't a day where she had to go to work; her job only has her work a certain amount of days and hours per week.

"Alright," she smiled and thought about a secret she knew about her father; which she didn't want to tell Y/N because she thought she would not want to hang out with them anymore. "I think Dad is going to appreciate you coming to dinner with us..."

---

"I had fun tonight," Y/N smiled at Andrea and Sara as she took a sip of water from her glass, "thank you for the invitation."

Andrea's cheeks started to turn red and took a sip from his glass, which made Sara giggle. "Oh, yeah, thank you so much for coming with us and I really appreciate you helping us out earlier."

"Dad, when are you going to tell her?" Sara spoke up as she took her last bite of the dish she had ordered and Y/N was confused as to what she was referring to. "You do have to tell her eventually."

"Tell me what?" She looked at Sara, who looked at her father, who was just blushing to an extreme level and he didn't want to be in the situation he was in.

"He's in love with you!" By the time it came out of Sara's mouth, Y/N and Andrea were at a point where words couldn't escape their mouths, but they both wanted to say something. "I apologize for saying this out of the blue, but I just couldn't see you act like this around her anymore, Dad."

"I-is this tr-true, Andrea?" Was all that came out of Y/N's mouth as she also started to go red in the cheeks and her E/C eyes searched his warm dark brown eyes for the truth.

Slowly nodding his head, he started to smile from ear-to-ear as he wanted to admit the truth. "What Sara said was completely true. I know I should've told you sooner than later-"

Y/N interrupted his rambling by kissing him in a gentle yet passionate manner, which caught him off guard, but he soon got into the kiss and started kissing her back.

"I love you too, Andrea," she whispered onto his lips as she pulled away from the kiss with a smirk on her face, "more than just friends."

"Finally!" Sara chuckled to herself as she saw her dad and his best friend happy together. "I knew you two were going to kiss."

"I think we have Sara to thank," Andrea smiled as he took Y/N's hand in his as they both looked at her. "Without her, this wouldn't have happened."

"Thank you, sweetie," Y/N smiled as she kissed her on the cheek and Andrea on the lips once more. Looking at the two Doviziosos in front of her, Y/N knew that what life has in store for all three of them was going to be pretty good. "I love you the two of you so much."

"I love you too," Andrea chuckled as he kissed her on the lips once more, which made Sara giggle.

"And, I love you both," Sara smiled in approval as she took a sip of water from her glass, "alright, can you please stop the kisses?"

He and Y/N chuckled as they pulled away from the kiss and all in all, it turned out to be a success. Y/N and Andrea both confessed their love for each other and they owed it all to little Sara, who wanted to see her father happy and she was glad about the outcome. 

---

Heyyo, I'm back with another update! It's still Sunday night where I live and I feel accomplished to get this out before it was officially Monday. Yes, I said this update was going to be a Valentino one shot, but I had an idea for a Dovi one shot that I wanted to write before the idea slipped away from my mind and I enjoyed writing this. Anyhoo, keep an eye out for the next one shot, which will include Jorge Lorenzo, which I'm pretty excited about. And other than that, I hope you enjoyed this one shot; have a GREAT rest of your day/night, and I'll see you later! Bye!

- Priya 😀