Álex Márquez ~ Marc VDS

Comforting Álex after his crash... (1100 words)

Requested by tvxuncookie

---

"Oh my god," Y/N mumbled under her breath as soon as she heard from a pit crew member that Álex had crashed.

"Why does this always happen to me?" Álex muttered angrily as he came back to the garage as he took his helmet off and set it down on the table.

"You're going to be alright, Álex, it was just one bad race..." Álex's older brother, Marc frowned as he gave him a hug. "This one crash doesn't define who you are as a rider."

Álex had a small smile on his face as he hugged him back. "Thanks, mi hermano," he smiled for a few seconds before the frown took over his face, "but, I'm bummed out that I didn't get to finish the race."

Marc solemnly nodded his head and gave him a pat on the back before he had to leave for a briefing with his team, leaving Álex and Y/N back in the pit box.

"Honey, I'm so sorry," Y/N whispered into her boyfriend's ear as she pressed kisses on his cheeks.

"In all honesty, I just want to go back to the motorhome and just cuddle with you," Álex spoke up as his dull hazel eyes looked into Y/N's worried E/C eyes, "and just forget about today..."

"Anything to make you happy, mi querido," she smiled softly as she took his hand in hers and led them out of the room to go back to the motorhome he shares with Marc.

---

"Can we watch Marc's race while we're at it?" Álex mumbled as he rested his head on the crook of Y/N's neck.

She knew that watching Marc's races always had some sort of relaxing properties on Álex since he had always enjoyed seeing his brother win a race of his or even reach the podium. Nodding her head, she turned on the TV to see that Marc was walking back to his pit box with his head down as he left his motorcycle.

"Oh crap," she mumbled under her breath as she quickly turned off the TV; making Álex was confused as to why she turned it off.

"Why did you turn it off?" He had a look of confusion on his face as he didn't see what had happened to Marc.

"I-uh-I," she struggled how to tell him that Marc's race was over without hurting him, "Marc's retired from the race, apparently, his motorcycle had some sort of engine failure and it forced him to be out for the rest of it."

"I guess luck isn't on our sides this weekend," Álex quietly chuckled as he looked outside the window to look at the clouds that were over the Silverstone circuit.

"But, I'm thankful that you escaped this crash unharmed," Y/N softly spoke up as she laid her head on Álex's shoulder and remembered the crash in Germany.

"I know, I hated having to wear that brace for weeks," Álex cracked a grin as he remembered the neck braces he had to wear while he recovered from a fracture.

"There's the goofy smile I love so much," Y/N smiled at the fact that Álex was finally smiling again and laughed. She kissed him on the lips and laughed once again as she and Álex both heard the door open.

"Ok, who's up for a night of doing nothing but watch movies and eat some pizza?" They heard Marc speak up as he entered the motor home and saw Y/N and Álex cuddling on the couch. He chuckled to himself as he took his jacket off.

Y/N and Álex both nodded their heads and smiled at Marc, wanting to spend the rest of their day doing nothing and just forget about the eventful weekend.

---

"Alright, I'm going to head off to bed," Marc yawned and stretched his arms as he got up from the couch and smirked at his younger brother and girlfriend, "don't do anything dangerous that might wake me up and file a noise complaint."

"Oh, shut up," Álex rolled his eyes and nudged Marc's shoulder before smiling at his older brother and nodded his head, "good night, mi hermano."

"Good night, Marc," Y/N nodded her head at the older Márquez brother as his feet shuffled to his bedroom and heard the door creak as it opened and then closed; leaving Álex and Y/N alone.

"I guess we should probably head off to bed," Y/N stood up from the couch as she turned off the TV and walked up to Álex, who was waiting for her with his open arms to embrace her.

"But, I'm not sleepy," he had an adorable pout on his face, which made Y/N roll her eyes at, but nonetheless; she still had a smile on her face.

"You heard what Marc told us, Álex," she smirked as she slowly and casually strolled to the bedroom she had shared with the younger Márquez brother, "we shouldn't do anything that might disturb his sleep."

"Oh, Marc is just a grumpy grandpa who wants to sleep for the entire day," Álex rolled his eyes and heard the door to see Marc glare at him.

"For your information, I am not a grumpy grandpa!" Marc scoffed at the accusation and rolled his eyes back at Álex, "I think that's Vale you're talking about."

"Don't you have a bingo tournament you were looking forward to attend tomorrow?" Álex had a smug smirk on his face before Marc started to attack him with tickles.

"Y/N, how do you deal with this goof?" Marc laughed as he tickled his baby brother, who was evidently quite taller than both of them.

"I ask that very same question every day, Marc," she sarcastically replied back to Marc's question and an audible gasp escaped from Álex's mouth.

"But I thought you love me, Y/N!" He panted as soon as Marc was finished tickling him, "and I'm not done with you yet, Grandpa Marc."

"Drop that nickname will you, Álex the friendly giant?" Marc retaliated back as he went back to his bedroom, "I wish you two good night and let me sleep!" 

---

Hi, I'm back with another update! I was inspired to write some Márquez fluff after what happened to them yesterday in Silverstone, but fret not, that Dani Pedrosa one shot will be coming pretty soon. Anyhoo, keep an eye out for the next one shot, which will be about Andrea Dovizioso. And other than that, I hope you enjoyed this one shot; have a GREAT rest of your day/night, and I'll see you later! Bye!

- Priya 😀