The Light Gave Out

I was down stairs making breakfast. I has been about 2 weeks later. I was making waffles and I heard a fant cry come from Samara's room. I quicky raced up the stairs and sat next to her side.

She looked over at me. The cancer was through out her body but she refused to got to the hospital. Her eyes were still holding the last bit of blue green color that was left.

She looked straight into my eyes. Her body was nothing a skin and bones and she was so weak and frail. Her hair never returned and she didn't wear the wig as much anymore. It bothered her...

"Derex. I'm tired." She managed to whisper.

"Then sleep love." I said and stroked her bold head.

She shook her head. "I'm tired Derex."

I felt puzzled. "What do you mean?"

"Look at me Derex. My body is just a tooth pick. Everything tires me out. I feel like I'm using barrowed time. I just want too..." I cut her off.

"Don't speak like that Samara." I said and tears spilled out from my cheeks.

"Shhh." She cupped my face. "Derex I love you with every inch of my heart. I can't hold on anymore." She says and kisses me passionately.

"Please hold on." I said through my tears. I kissed her once more.

"Derex... I love you.." She and was getting quiter by the moment. She breathed a little heavy.

"I love you too Samara." I said and kissed her hand.

She smiles and closed her eyes and drew one last breath and then she was gone...

I felt my heart shattered into a millions pieces.

"No no no no no!!!!!!! SAMARA!!!!!!!" I screamed into the house causing my babies to start crying. I burst into tears. Blinded by my own tears. I grabbed on to her hand and crashed it by my face.

"Pleease Samara come back." I cried. I knew she wasn't.

I picked up my phone and called 911 to let them know. I ran into Charlotte's room first and picked her up. She was screaming and then I went into Maximillion's room and he was screaming.

There was nothing I could do to comfort them. I just held them close. They were all I had left of my wife. I cried hard. I didn't really see the police at my door.

Soon the twins stopped crying. I put them in their walkers. I led the police into my bedroom but I did not enter. I couldn't do it. I would burst into tears once more.

I went back down stairs and into the kitchen so I did not have to see them take her away. The police officer went into the kitchen to ask some questions.

"Mr. Von Ritz I'm terribly sorry for your lost." He began. I just nodded and more tears slid down my face. I felt like I was drowning.

"Let me take down your information and I will let you know when arrangements can be made."

"Thank you officer." I manage to choke out.

He put his hand on my shoulder. He was a young fellow. Maybe early 30's. Very blond hair amd brigh bright blue eyes. A square jaw line like my own but lower cheek bones. Quite odd but whatever.

I let the policeman leave and I shut the door but I never stopped crying. What am I going to do? How am I going to tell everyone?  I'm not calling.. So I picked up my kids and walked imto Charlotte's room first.

I picked out Samara's favorite dress for her. I looked ito my daughters blue eyes and I saw so much of Samara in them. Then I took them into Maximillion's room.

I put on the blue shirt and jean shorts. The blue shirt says "Mommy loves you." I looked into my son's green eyes. He reminded me of Samara too but not as much as Charlotte.

Once the kids were dreased I raced down stairs and out into the car. I opened each end of the car doors and put each twin im a car seat and ran aroumd the car to srap them in.

Still at last my tears were blinding me at all times. Still I got ito the driver stop and drove to Samara's parents house. Ironically it started raining. I pulled into the driveway. It really started to come down.

I found a huge coat in the back of the car and slipped it on. I went outside to got each twin from the sides and put them in my coat so they wouldn't get wet.

I walked up to the same small house. The same small house that I use to pick Samara up at. More tears run down my cheeks. I knocked on the door rapidly. 

Peggy opened the door with a warm smile. Her deep brownie colored eyes filled with happiness but when she looked at me in the rain. They instantly filled with tears.

She let me inside and took Maximillion. Sam came into the room and took Charlotte.

"What happened?" Sam asked. I could see he was beginning to cry.

"She's gone.." I said and brusted into tears omce more. My heart breaking even more.

***

I went back to my house. It is no lomger my home. I had both twins on my sides. I didn't even nother to lock the doors. I just kicked into the house. I ripped off my shoes and put the twins to bed.

It was passed 11:30pm.

I just didn't want to come back yet. Peggy and Sam said I could stay as long as I want. I knew I couldn't stay their forever. My mind was exhausted. It was racing eeeything flooding at once. I can't do this!!!!!!!

I started crying once more. Tears blocking my very view of everything. My stomach feeling sick. I ran into the bathroom and threw up a few times and kept crying. My hole body trembling under my own weight.

I went back into the kitchen. I grabbed that bottle of whisky and no glass. I opened the bottle.. Well bottoms up. I went to pour that liquid down my throat but then I heard a soft cry.

It was Charlotte. I put the bottle down. I went back into her room. I picked her up softy and rocked her lightly. I won't drink my daughter. I won't. When Charlotte was asleep. I laid her back down.

I couldn't sleep in our room.I could not bare to even step one foot in there. So I alept on the couch but who said I was going to sleep.

I put a pillow down on the couch. I laid down and just cried my heart oit once more. I felt sick again but I had nothimg left in my stomach....

I love you Samara.. Forever....