Training

Yet again Naruto woke up hours later with a small headache. He sat up just as the door opened to reveal Tsunade with a big smile. "Hey there, I heard you might have remembered something."

"Remembered?" Naruto thought back at what happened, and all the memories flooded back in, but it wasn't painful this time. At least not physically. "I remembered when I was small, the hunger I felt when I wasn't able to eat. The villagers didn't want to sell me anything, so I went to the only place that would sell me food when I had received one of the many beating for the night. That old man is very nice, I now know why Naruto was always coming and going into the place everyday."

"You are Naruto." Tsunade said as she sat down at the edge of the bed.

"Am I?" Naruto questioned as he looked at Tsunade in the eyes.

"Do you feel like Naruto." She said internally panicking.

"No, I don't." Naruto said with a sigh. "I fell like a different person. The boy in my memories always smiled and laughed even when he was told otherwise, and for some reason the smiles looked either forced or fake. But I feel like I'm sad and angry all the time for some reason. Like I don't have anything to smile about."

"You might not think you're Naruto, but deep down everyone knows you are strong enough to get through this and get your memories, and if that means turning into someone else that you think is your own version of Naruto, we'll respect it and bring back your friend."

"Everyone says that he's my friend. But I feel like he stabbed me in the heart for some reason, I don't even know how he looks like."

"It's only going to be a matter of time until you're able to remember everything. Until you're able to know what you're feeling and why."

"What if I don't?"

"Then you move on, look forwards to the future and make your own oath. Just like how you did before you lost your memories."

They stayed there for a moment as a comfortable silence surrounding them. Although not long after a knock came from the door, opening it revealed Ino who waved at Naruto as did Naruto in return with a small smile.

"Are we going to train him soon?" She had asked.

"Train who?" Naruto said with a tilt to his head.

"You, silly, we need to get you comfortable and become a ninja again." Ino grinned.

"I'm a ninja?" Naruto said wide eyed at the sudden revelation.

"Sure are. Now let's get going to the training grounds." Ino said with a smile as they headed over to an open field.

Arriving they were surrounded by trees while one side of the training field were Naruto's friends. Eager to see him fight, and so he showed them, he went from course through course. The tree that Lee used to always hit was broken by a single kick from Naruto and sent splinters through the air.

He threw shuriken with precise shots to the center of the bullseye. His chakra levels were off the charts, not to mention his strength could even surpass two strong Kages. They were surprised no doubt about it, the dead last they had thought was weak but gave it his all, was actually a prodigy of prodigy's when it came down to anything that was thrown at him. They spent half of the day training him, and after they had finished, Naruto was almost winded. But for some reason he felt he shouldn't have showed them his real strength. That his movements were meantnt to be hidden from everyone. Naruto kept at it though, the thought still bothering him from the beginning, so he did hold back. Enough for the rest to not realise.

"Alright, that's it for today. You can roam around the village, just make sure you get back to the hospital and sleep, tomorrow we'll be going to your apartment." Tsunade said writing down the information and heading to the Hokage building.

He was left after bidding farewell to his friends and left to walk around freely this time without being tracked down. He had stumbled upon a small path as it went up a mountain, stepping forward he sat down in a familiar way as he looked down, he saw himself sitting on top of the fourth Hokage's head. It's felt very familiar.

Suddenly a wave of familiar pain rang through his head, much more painful as he kept in his screams of agony and clenched his head. Flashes of memories scraped through his mind as he saw his small self sitting on top of the head, his knees tucked to his chest as he looked down to the city without emotion. His eyes dead and empty as he thought of the many times he could have easily broken, tore, and even burned down the very village that hated him for something he didn't have a choice in. The nine tailed beast resided in him by a sealing jutsu, the name of that said beast was Kurama, a very big fox with nine tails. The very beast that had almost burned down the village, but it wasn't it's fault, he was being controlled. He didn't want to hurt anyone, he was forced, the sharingan. An Uchiha had dared take control over him. After the dreadful incident the fourth Hokage, also known as the yellow flash and Naruto's father sealed the tailed beast inside of him.

The headache subsided as he panted slightly. He laid back onto the stone head and thought slowly. He remembers talking to the nine tails, but he didn't know how to communicate with Kurama, did he just have to think?

Hum, Kurama? The unsure sound of the question rang through his subconscious as a voice replied in happiness.

Finally I was worried you wouldn't get enough of your memories, I tried talking to you but you were blocking me somehow. Kurama said with a sigh of relief.

Sorry, I don't know much about what we went through, but do you know why I lost my memories? Naruto said into his mind.

Sadly I do, but I can't tell you, or you might go into a coma once more and this process will probably repeat, so I don't want to take the risk. Kurama said as he shut his lips from any further answers.

"It's that bad huh?" He said out loud as he closed his eyes. "What happened to you Naruto?"