Amnesia?

A knock on the door alerted Gaara someone had arrived, with a lazed 'come in' the door opened to reveal four Konoha nin, he smiled once he saw his brother.

"Naruto, it's been a while." Gaara rose from his seat but lifted a brow when Naruto didn't move from his spot, the blond looked quite confused at the whole situation and he directed his stare towards the other three, he seemed nervous and awkward.

"Sorry Kazekage, currently Naruto isn't able to remember certain people." Shikamaru spoke up from the two with a sigh.

"Who did this?" Gaara's being turned dark as he glared daggers, wanting to know who was responsible to hurt his brother, his sand floating around him as he was about to give orders to hunt down the person responsible and torture them slowly.

"Wah!" An amazed and excited tone came from the whisker blond teen as he stared at the floating sand. "You control sand?!"

"Yes." Gaara simply stated as he felt a small blush dust his checks, feeling proud at being praised by his brother.

"That's amazing." Naruto began to talk about what Gaara could do with the sand and if they were able to travel on it, but their conversation was cut off as Neji piped in to explain the situation before anything gets too out of hand.

"It was in a mission to retrieve Sasuke, there was an accident and Naruto was hospitalized for a month." Neji explained.

"That Uchiha again?" Gaara growled out lowly, his face shadowed by the thought of the ravened imbecil.

Meanwhile Naruto stood at the back of the group again as he looked at the red head in front of them, there was a nagging feeling at the back of his head.

Hey Kurama? Naruto thought.

Yup.

Do I know the Kazekage? Naruto said as his blue eyes never leaving the red head who was in a deep conversation with his team mates, rereading the love kanji over and over again.

Yes, he used to be a jinchuriki as well, but there was this organization that got involved and it was extracted. The Kyuubi explained, not mentioning the fact that Gaara had died and was revived.

"Hmm." Naruto hummed as that caught the attention of the four.

"Is there something wrong Naruto?" Neji spoke.

"No, but for some reason I can't remember the Kazekage." Naruto pondered the thought as he began to walk towards the red head again.

Gaara looked gloomy at the blond when he had said that. Naruto himself was confused as well, usually when he was with someone for a short time he would regain a bit of memories, and as the memories connect he would remember whole heartedly that same person from the moment they meet to every time they talked. But then again it was sometimes due to him touching things on accident.

"Can I touch your sand?" Naruto suggested as he rubbed his chin in deep thought, his face serious.

"Go ahead." Gaara agreed as his sand stretched out and floated in front of Naruto.

With a tanned hand Naruto reached out without hesitation and stuffed his hand into the ball of sand. Then it hit him, he winced as he had gained a memory, the ornaments where he was in the chunin exams and Gaara had lost control fighting someone he couldn't see again. He had gained the help of Gamabunta and defeated the red head with a punch to Gaara's head.

"Naruto?" Naruto wasn't sure who said his name, but he remembered more and more and finally he gained all of the memories for Gaara of the sand, and opened his eyes that he hadn't noticed he had shut and looked up at the hopefull eyes of the Kazekage.

"Nope still can't remember." Naruto retracted his hadn't and pulled his arms behind his head as he looked indifferent.

"Oh." Gaara looked like a kicked puppy, and seeing this it brought humor towards Naruto as he bursted out laughing, this laugh felt genuine as it was directed towards Gaara, he didn't know if it was because it was the emotionless boy being a jinchuriki or another matter, but it felt great to break the mask for the brother of his.

"I'm kidding! How could I not remember my brother!" Naruto pounced on Gaara as he laughed at the shocked expression of Gaara.

"That wasn't funny." Gaara grumbled as he grabbed Naruto from his ankles with his sand and lifted him up, earning a surprised scream.

"Aw, come on, don't tell me I hurt your feeling oh great Kazekage." Naruto grinned and he snickered.

"Whatever." Gaara let go of Naruto, but when he had thought Naruto would slam into the floor he was surprised that Naruto did a flip and landed expertly onto the wooden floor. He shook his head, remember to ask Naruto later as he gave his attention to the three ninja who were sent here. "So what's the problem? You four came here for a reason correct?" Gaara sat back down into his chair.

"Yes, our Hokage has told us to deliver this scroll to you, that is all, we'll be taking out leave." Shikamaru said in a lazy polite way as he was soon dismissed to leave with his team.

Naruto bid farewell to his brother in his own new personality as he didn't do anything too loud, which worried the Kazekage. Gaara shook his head from the new behavior his blond brother showed, of course he knew it had something to do with him loosing his memories, and learned much more when he opened the scroll. It had the contents of what had happened to Naruto and their suspicion over Naruto hiding something that they thought Gaara might know.

Even though he knows little about Naruto's actually personality, he knows enough to know Naruto is someone who should not be trifled with, not to mention it's hard to get him mad, unless people mess with his precious people then there was a blood bath that was sure to follow after. Gaara gave pity to the people who would push Naurto's hidden buttons without them knowing, he had even witnessed first hand when someone tried to assassinate him a long time ago. The man was tortured to the point where Gaara had to leave the room to clear his mind of the grotesque scene. Soon after Naruto stepped out with an apologetic face, apologizeing to Gaara over his ugly side. Of course Gaara didn't mind, after seeing that side he felt he was able to understand Naruto more and help him in any way he could.

Their brothers, that's what families do, even if they weren't blood related.