A Feeling

Early update since I won't be able to upload for a while again, hope you enjoy!

"-"-"-"-"-"

A week had finally passed, his memories were in shambles. Although Naruto has more than half of his memories, he still couldn't remember Sasuke Uchiha for some reason. His academy days were there, but when his memories turned to the three of them, him, Sakura, and Sasuke. The Uchiha boy's figure would be blocked out, it wasn't an outline, more like a distorted figure that was too blurry and misshaped to figure out who it was.

Naruto was unable to figure out why his past self blocked this runaway shinobi to such an extent, yet he felt, no, he knew he didn't want to know the reason, whenever he tried to think about theories his chest would clench and his head would hurt to the point he would think that it was going to explode. After that painful day he didn't think about the Uchiha anymore and reverted back to his past self's act.

As time had gone by he was sure that the Nara boy knows about his mask, yet even if Shikamaru wanted to ask he felt that his question would either be avoided or answered with another question. But that didn't keep the strategic boy from thinking about Naruto and why he needs to hide his true feelings all over again. Did all of his memories come back? Was he trying to avoid Sasuke? Or was it the fact that he somehow couldn't trust anyone? Whatever it was he had no answer to it and it made him irritated having to go through all this troublesome work for the fifth Hokage.

Naruto on the other hand just had to convince the boy genius and make him understand that his past friend was back, but he knew it would be slightly difficult, if not too challenging.

"Hey Naruto, has any memories surfaced?" Ino appeared from his left, she was in charge of keeping a close eye and ear on Naruto's memories.

"Just a couple of minutes ago I felt a little pinch in my head, I then remembered that I like a lot of soy sauce in my cup ramen." Even if they were as useless as these ones.

"Oh that's good." She said, her smile forced as she sighed internally and bid farewell to Naruto, thinking to return only a couple of hours later.

Naruto was able to live this week peacefully without too many interruptions, although Tsunade always dragged him to the hospital from time to time and scan his body for anything suspicious. He knew that the old hokage was searching for his true strength but she was unable to figure out how strong he was. And Naruto wasn't about to tell her either, he didn't want to find out what she would of, even if he could easily end her life at that very second he knew things would only get messier if he did so.

Throughout the week he had been proposing to move back into his apartment since he's been getting sick of the overly bright and white room. Of course Tsunade always refused, saying that she needs him close by to do tests and check ups.

This was one of these check ups and resulted in another argument.

"Lord hokage, can I move back to my apartment now?" Naruto began as he felt a measuring tape around his head.

"Are you going on about that apartment still?" Tsunade sighed as she frowned at the way he had called her, ever time when she heard the blond boy speak to her in such a formal way made her feel depressed.

"I think that I can remember more if I move back." He said as he turned to look at the fifth hokage.

She glared at Naruto but softened her look at his usual wide grin he always wore before he had lost his memories. She wanted to let him go to his apartment, but she couldn't, fear always riled up inside of her since she wasn't sure what kind of memories would surface and she was scared he would go into a rampage if he remembered something he didn't want to remember just yet.