chapter 2

Cassie's POV

Well, the morning passed in an uneventful blur. We said goodbye to Alphas Liam and Lilly, and boarded the packs privet jet. Turning off my phone was the hardest thing in the world. Not because I was addicted to it, but because I was expecting a call from The Coordinator. That's what we called him anyway. He organized all the street fights for werewolves. I just called him Joe. That was after all his name.

The plane ride takes about 10 hours with a couple of lay overs and I can't wait to stretch my legs when it's over. Honestly though, even on a private jet it's still a pain to sit for that long. And don't even get me started on the food. School food taste better than that stuff.

When we do FINALLY land, I jump out of the plane dramatically and start doing flips and cartwheels while my mother rolls her eyes. She's used to my antics and loves that I'm so spastic. The sarcasm is very heavy with this one.

We head inside the airport only to be met with 2 friendly faces holding a sign with our last name on it. I look at mom, who has a small smile on her face as we saunter (because who walks?) over to them.

"I presume your are the Alpha and Beta?" Mom says looking at the gentlemen before us.

"The Beta and Gamma, ma'am. The alpha had business to attend to." The blond one said smiling. "I'm James, the beta, and this is Riley, the Gamma."

"Nice to meet you James. I'm Ari and this is my daughter Cassie." Mom says holding out her hand while I do the same.

"Cas for short." I say whilst shaking hands.

"Alright, well if you'll follow us we have a car waiting for us out front." Riley said. He's not bad looking. Neither of them are. James is about 6'2" and blond with brown eyes, while Riley is 6' exactly and has red hair and green eyes. Neither of them are older than 25 that much is clear.

'I wonder what kind of business the alpha had to take care of?' Mom asks me through a mind link.

'Probably getting permission to enter grandpas pack.' I respond.

'Maybe but the first time we go in we're going alone. I don't care if they go in with us after that, but we're going in alone at first. I want you to meet your grandfather before we bombard him with people from another pack.' She explains.

'Yeah, no I get it.' I say as we get in the car.

"So, what is it like in the Risen moon pack? We haven't been in a while." James asks.

"It's really nice. The fight squad has improved a lot in recent years and the scenery is truly fantastic." Mom says looking at me when she talks about the fight squad. I train the noobs and train with the elites so she takes major pride in me.

"Really? I heard that the fight squad has a new trainer who joined them just last year. Have you met them yet?" Riley asks looking back at mom from the rear view mirror.

"Actually yes. You have as well, you just don't realize it yet." Mom says making eye contact with him.

"Really?" James ask.

"It's me." I say. I'm not one to play dumb or coy. I like to say 'I'm not Willy Wonka. I don't sugar coat.'.

"Seriously? You'll have to show us some of your moves then." Riley states. "We've had a rough year. The teacher we had died with his mate last year and we can't find anyone to take his place. Sad really, but he was getting older and he only had daughters. They both found their mates and they aren't so keen on them fighting."

"So who's been teaching the training?" I ask confused. "Surely you haven't been dormant for a year?"

"Of course not, but we only had some of the olders teaching the youngers, but none are as good as him." James explains.

We talk about some other nonsense for about 30 minutes before we arrive at the pack house. We are immediately greeted by the smell of fried chicken.

"We had the pack cook make you a meal as we assumed you'd be hungry. A usual southern dinner includes-" James was cut off by my mother before he could continue.

"Not to be rude but I grew up 30 minutes away from here and I know that doesn't make much of a difference. I liked southern cooking too much to live without so Cassie grew up in it. We know what a southern meal includes."

"Of course. I'm sorry I seem to have forgotten." He said blushing.

'Mom that was rude.'

'I'm sorry baby doll but I'm tired and hangry. I just want to eat, not hear about the food I'm gonna eat.'

'It was still rude. Apologize please.'

"I'm sorry. That was awfully rude of me. I'm just tired and I get cranky when I'm tired. Thank you for being so kind in prepping a meal for us." Mom said being sincere.

"It's truly nothing." James said blushing once more.

We enter the house and are given a tour and shown our rooms before we are told to get settled in as dinner still isn't done yet. I decide to take a shower because I smell too much like other people. After a brisk shower, I quickly dress into a simple grey v-neck t-shirt and some black skinny jeans. Putting on my boots that go to mid-calf, I make my way downstairs to see my mom already there and talking to an older woman.

"Ah there she is. This is my daughter Cassie." Mom says to the older women. I call her older but there's no way she's more than 40 If that.

"Hello dear. I'm Cassandra, but you can call me Cas. I'm the current Alphas mother."

"It's very nice to meet you. I'm Cassie, but most call me Cas so I'm sorry if I respond when you're the one they intend to speak to." I say apologizing in advance.

"Oh and they even may be talking to my husband. His name is Caspian, but most people call him Cas, so it's always confusing around here." She says laughing.

"Well this is going to be interesting." I say giggling.

We have dinner and then sit around talking for a little bit before Cassandra says it's time for bed. Being the head of the house everyone listens. After heading to my room changing into my pajamas, a black cami and some teal and black shorts, I lay down. It's been about 2 hours of restless rolling around when I decide to get up and get some water. It's only 1 in the morning so why not.

________________________________

Hey! So I know it ends kinda suddenly here, but I have my reasons. Anywho, what do you guys think? See any errors? Let me know so I can properly fix it! And...

HAVE A NICE DAY!