Chapter 16

Cassie's POV

I woke up this morning and was about to start my normal routine, But was stopped by my mother. She may love to exercise but she refuses to be up this early so I know something isn't quite right.

"Baby," my mother whispers as to not awaken our hosts. "Does your father know of your hypothesis?"

"Yes. I told him while I was on my walk. I wanted to give him a chance to think about it too and that moment felt right."

"Ok. I trust you. You've never done anything to so much as fracture my trust much less break it. I need to speak to your father and I would like for you to be there."

"I would love to but I have training today. We're still trying to get a solid schedule but I could probably-" she cuts me off, which she never does.

"No it's ok, I just need to go talk to your father about something but you're gonna be busy and you have prior engagements so it's not something I'm gonna ask you to skip. I can talk to your father by myself.  It would probably be better."

"Are you sure mom? I can take the day off, I'm not scared to ask for it."

"Baby, I'm sure I can handle that man. You've talked to him most recently and I would like to know if he is going to be receptive."

"Yes. He's already told me that if he had the chance to take back his rejection, he would in less than a heartbeat. He hates himself for everything he's done for you and wishes he could change it. He was more than receptive to the idea."

"Well at least I know it won't be a bust. You stay here and take care of your business and I'll talk to your father about everything. I hope this works out. I want us to be a family."

"I know mom. I want you to be happy and if this is what will make that happen, than it's what I want."

"Baby, you're gonna find your mate soon. You should be focused on your happiness not mine. Besides, if your father and I get back together than we'll have to move and you're gonna be old enough to choose were you live soon enough. You need to focus on yourself my love."

"Mom, we'll worry about that when the time comes. You go get ready to meet Cole and I'll get ready for training. Let me know how it goes." I say sand kiss her on the head. She walks over to her room and goes inside and I head out to do my run. I come back in time for breakfast as mom is telling everyone her plan for the day but instead of sitting down and eating with them, just grab an apple. I don't want to over eat before working out a lot and making my self sick.

And that's what my day consisted of. I barely ate, which I admit was unhealthy, and I trained for more than half the day. When I was finally done training, I was so tired that I could hardly move. I showered and went to my room to file my report that we have to do, when I realized that I don't have any of the files. I begrudgingly stand and walk to Axe's office to get the paper work.

When I get to his office, I knock on his door and hear a slight 'come in'. I walk in and go to speak but he looks up and pats his lap while leaning back in his chair. I trudge my way over, slowly sit down in his lap, and lean against his chest. He kisses my forehead and my wolf starts to purr.

"What's wrong, love?" He asks in a gentle voice that has me almost falling asleep.

"I'm tired and still have paperwork to do and I have to eat so I don't pass out and I'm sore because I don't think you understand how fast these kids learn so I've had to increase them repeatedly today and oh my gosh that feels good." I interrupt myself to say as my wonderful mate starts massaging my shoulders.

"How about you sit in here and do the paperwork and I will have Grandpa bring us some food and give an excuse." He says giving me kisses on the head here and there.

"Hmm time with the most wonderful man in the world, food, and a break? Sounds magnificent." I say kissing him on the nose.

"Mmm. May I?" He says and leans toward me.

"I'd be disappointed if you didn't." I say meeting him halfway in a gentle kiss that sends butterflies fluttering though my stomach. I get off his lap and sit in the chair across from him that I pulled up to the desk and he passed me the files that I initially came in here for. We sit quietly and work until Whiskey brings in two plates of food and then the only noise is forks hitting plates.

After we finish eating, Whiskey came and took our plates away and we finished our work quickly and snuggled for about an hour. As we were falling asleep, we decided it would be best to sleep in our own rooms. Luckily we won't have to do that for much longer and I'm glad because we sleep better snuggled together by design of the Luna.

I reluctantly made my way back to the room I had been assigned and was about to lay down, when my mom walked in and plopped down on my bed. She released a dreamy sigh and I plop down next to her so we can have a talk about how it went.

"He's changed so much. I can tell that the bond was never really broken. I feel how much my wolf and his are pushing to be together and I can feel a very strong string like thing pulling us together." She starts to ramble before stopping herself.

"Anything else?" I ask because I know she's not sayin something.

"It hurts to be away from him right now. I'm not sure about how long I can stay away from him. I know that soon I'll have to tell Liam and Lilly that I'm transferring to here and I would go with you to take you back to Risen Moon and everything-"

"Mom, if you move I am too. Besides, I have something here that's making me really want to stay."

"Oh! Will you tell me?" She asks sitting up and leaning towards me.

"In due time. Right now you have something to worry about and when that's closer to settled, I'll tell everyone." I say and I know she understands.

"Well, I'm excited. I hope that whatever it is keeps you happy." She days and kisses my forehead.

"Trust me mom, it does." I say with a smile as she walks out the door and to her room.

I finally lay down for the night with a smile on my face and exhaustion set into my bones. It was a good day. The ones were you can hardly move from exercise always are.

_____________________________________
Okay so I disagree with that last line, but it's accurate to the character which is why it's there.

I am so sorry that this took me forever to upload I actually just finished writing it. I have come up with a new way of writing that'll get you the chapters faster and be better for everyone in the long run.

ANYWHO, I hope you enjoyed this and I will have the next chapter up as soon as possible and I hope you...

HAVE A NICE DAY!!