Chapter 8

Cassie's  POV

"We have to talk." I say approaching my father.

This morning, my mother and I were accompanied to her fathers house by Axe, as anticipated. We stayed there for a while before I announced I had a meeting to go to and I went off. That meeting is with my father, who I tracked to his office and talked his beta into letting me talk to him. So here I am, bursting into my father's office, telling him something he need to know.

"John, you're good to go. This is a private meeting. I'll call you in if we need anything." He says waving the Beta away.  Once John is gone and out of ear shot, Dad drops his pen and rubs his hands across his face. "What did she say?" 

"She agreed. It will be me, you, her, and Alpha Axe. We'll meet at a little cafe on his territory tomorrow. It's usually reserved for meetings so no one will question why the cafe is closed to the public and no one from your pack will have to find out. You can bring anyone that you want to, but they'll find out information about my mother and I. I would also like to request a meeting with you the day after the meeting to discuss a few things." I say in rapid order laying everything out on the table. 

"That all seems doable. Alpha Axe knows everything?" He asks after  moment looking deep in thought.

"He's been informed. It was one of the stipulations of us staying with him. He doesn't judge you for your decision, or at least he's said he wouldn't need until he knew your reasons. That's one of the reason why he wants to be there tomorrow. He says that what he finds out tomorrow will not effect  your peace treaties or resources. He wouldn't put the pack in danger because of a personal reason. Another reason he's going to be there is because he has to so that all of your reasons and excuses pan out." I explain the reasoning behind everything.

He nods and takes a deep breath before releasing it slowly. "Why do we need to meet the day after?" He asks looking up at me with a look of confusion.

"I have so me questions I'll need to ask you after everything. Tomorrow is your day for  questions and the day after is mine." I explain simply.

"Why did she keep you from me?" He asks, his voice cracking the slightest bit and sadness evident.

"It was my decision. She told me the truth and I made the choice. It physically pained her to try to tell you. I can tell you from experience that the pain she went through trying to tell you was excruciating. I felt it a couple of times in the womb and a couple more times when I was just a baby and she forgot to close the bond. It was as if the Luna above refused to let her tell you." I say zoning out.

"Why would Luna keep you from me?" He asks zoning out and his voice evening out a little bit.

"Maybe she thought that a child would be too much for you two. Maybe she wanted you to grow up on your own." I say as we both sit there completely zoned out. We stay that way for a solid minute before my phone went off, informing me that I had a text. I already knew what it was. Axe said that he didn't want me gone for too long and that he would text me if I stayed out. I rolled my eyes at him and walked away, but I knew he actually would.  And I was proven right when I checked my phone. "Alright. I've got to go. The alpha joined us today and he wants me back."

"Ok. I'll see you tomorrow then?" He asks standing to walk me out.

"You will. You might want to prepare a list of questions tonight so that tomorrow can play out smoothly. Ask as many as you want and the importance doesn't matter. It could be the simplest thing or the most important question of your life, though, I can't say that we'll answer everything, but everything we do answer will be complete honesty." I say standing up and walking to the door. He nods and opens the door for me.