Chapter 5

Cassie's POV

The next morning I awoke at 5 am and went for a run. It wasn't a long one because I had stayed up so late talking to Axe but I needed to be energized to meet my long lost family. Today, the Beta and the Gamma are gonna take us to the border and let mom talk to the Alpha over there. Then we're to go straight to her fathers house and straight back when we're done. Though, mom keeps talking about this little ice cream shop that she just loved and wants to see if it's still open.

We're out the door and at the meeting point before I can thoroughly register what's going on. The Beta and Gamma get out before us and greet him before coming over and, while the Beta gets back in the drivers seat, the Gamma opens the door for my mother.

She gets out and, for a moment, a look of utter shock crosses his face but he's quick to mask it. His whole position has tensed and I can tell his wolf is fighting for control. They talk for a moment and he looks at the car, which the windows are tinted on, and asks why they haven't left yet.

Mom explains that they're waiting for her to dismiss them and they completely disrespect each other for a moment more before mom motions for me to get out of the car. I get out and close the door, doing my best tint to show my face yet. When I finally do show my face to him, his eyes almost swallow his head and his mouth falls open.

"Who is this?" He asks after a moment, the shock having finally worn off. It's obvious I'm related to him but I think he's either in denial or wants confirmation, but that would be the easy way out and not dramatic at all. And that doesn't sound like my mother.

"This is my packs best warrior." My mother answers, knowing that's not what he was asking.

"Who are her parents." He says through clenched teeth.

"Why does it matter." Mom asks purposefully attempting to irritate him.

"Answer the question." He says getting more irritated and fulfilling moms wish. I see her lip twitch and I know she's trying not to laugh. I'm just glad i learned how to school my face.

"You answer mine." My mother says letting a minuscule smile slip.

"Dang it women I asked you first and I'm an Alpha." He says trying to pull that card.

"You may be an alpha, but you're not mine." She says and I see him flinch ever so slightly. A look of sympathy passed through moms eyes just as quick as he flinches but they're both gone before the human eye would have been able to tell.

"Why must you be so stubborn women." He says taking a step forward, getting in her face and adding a bit of growl to his voice.

"Never speak to my mother like that." I say stepping between them and adding a growl to my voice. I may have been getting tired of their childish arguing but no one gets to speak to my mother like that.

"So she's your daughter." He says addressing my mother from around me. "Who's the father."

"Why does it matter." I state while my mother questions the same thing. We don't often speak in sync but when we do it's creepy. He growls in frustration before taking a deep breath and speaking again.

"Do you even know who the father is?" He says and I release a deep growl.

"Her eyes are an interesting color aren't they Cole?" My mother asks, indirectly answering his question. My eyes are the same shape and color as his. It's obvious he's my father.

He looks me in the eye for about two seconds before huffing and running off. After he's gone mom motions for the boys to leave and we make our way onto the territory. Mom points out things here and there as we walk the path to her fathers house and though she may never admit it, I can tell she missed her home.  The walk is shorter than expected and  before long we're walking up on a two story house.

The house is an off shade of yellow and the window seals and door are an odd shade of blue. It truly is rather interesting house and judging by the look in my mothers eye, it always been that way. While there is a look of familiarity in her eyes there is also a look of pain. Her mother hurt her greatly. It's a tale she's told me many times. I suspect some of those memories will be replaced with better ones now that her mother has run away.

We get up to the door and knock on it gently. It takes but a moment for the door to be opened by a man no older than 35 but, then again we are werewolves and we did age slower.

"Ari? Is that you?" He says, his voice a deep baritone sound and his voice sounds almost tearful. His eyes are glassed over with unshed tears and he looks shocked to see her.

"Andrew. It's good to see you again." Mom says with a slight smile on her face.

"Andrew, who's at the door?" A voice says. This voice is a little more gruff and obviously older. I can only assume that that would be my grandfather. My uncle pulls my mom into a hug and I see and few tears run down his face before he buries his face into her neck. If Alpha Cole was here right now he might throw a fit at another male putting his face near her neck. Then again I suppose he wouldn't care seeing as how he rejected her.

"Ari?" The gravely voice says, now much closer. His voice is also slightly tearful and mom pulls back from her current hug to look her father in the eyes.

"Hi dad." Was all she got out before she was pulled into another bone crushing hug.

"You never called to confirm and I thought for sure that that meant you weren't coming and I would never get the chance to tell you how sorry I am for everything I put you through and I-I-I...'' He says breaking into sobs and stuttering out what he could.

"Shhhhh.  It's ok dad. It's ok. I didn't get the chance to call back. We got permission and started planning the trip out here." Mom explains rubbing his back like she did to me when I was younger and sad.

"What do you mean 'we'?" Andrew asks before looking in my direction and wiping his eyes. My grandpa, who's name I've not been told, looks up and sees me through his tears. He straightens up and wipes his eyes before looking at me in in full and then back to my mom.

"And who might this be." He asks my mother.

"This is my daughter. Cassie, this is your grandfathers, Marcus, and your uncle, Andrew. Boys, my packs strongest warrior and my pride and joy, Cassie Mora." Mom says with a smile on her face that shows nothing but pride and love. I can't help but smile at the look on her face.

"I'm an uncle? Do you know who the father is?" Andrew asks mom, probably not thinking about how bad that sounds. Mom just gives him a look that says 'really'. "I just realized how bad that sounds. Sorry Ari, I'm just in shock. I mean, our weren't even pregnant when you left. You were never socially active, just really focused on your career."

"You must have met your mate then." Marcus says. "Is he here too?"

"Probably somewhere. He rejected me the night before I left. That was just before I was supposed to leave for the study program and the next morning Stella disowned me. At that point I had no reason to stay so I just asked the alpha if I could permanently move out there. Once he heard everything he agreed. I plan to visit him tomorrow and thank him for everything he's every done for me." Mom explains and pulls me into a side hug. Explaining this has always been hard for her and I have always been a sort of lifeline for her.

"He's in this pack?" Marcus asks, looking affronted. "Honey, you didn't have to come back. Had I known I would have never asked you to come here. Why didn't you tell me?"

"I've long since gotten over it. The Luna above blessed me with a piece of him to allow me to get through the rejection." My mother says and kisses my forehead.

"Why don't we head inside." Andrew says. Everyone agrees and we head inside.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you so much for reading. Please inform me of any mistakes that you might see and most importantly...

HAVE A NICE DAY!