Wait for me

Perrie's POV

"Run faster! Run faster!"

I did as I was told and ran even faster. I smiled upon hearing my best friend's melodic giggles.

"C'mon Pez! You can do better than that!" Jade laughed on my back, tapping my shoulder to make me ran faster.

Though I was too tired, I tried so hard to fasten my movements as I love it when she laughs.

Well the girl on my back is no other than Jade Thirlwall. My best friend for ten years, though she was four years younger than me. We met each other when my family moved from South Shields to New Zealand where her family is basically living, (well, my family's moved out a few years ago seen as they want me to live independently as a college student, but yeah whatever). I was beyond ecstatic to know that she was also a Geordie so I didn't wast any time to make friends with her, and she was only five years old that time. Now I'm twenty and she's sixteen.

"Just be thankful coz you're cute." I said once I came to a halt upon noticing that we're already in front of their house. She laughed and hopped off my back.

I slumped my limp body on the pavement beneath me and rested my elbows on my knees, breathing hard to catch my breath.

She sat down next to me, rubbing my back in a comforting manner.

"Aww my poor horsey is tired. Let's get you inside, yeah?" Jade suggested, inching her face closer to me. Fuck yeah, my heart just died.

Stop it Perrie. She's young.

I grinned cheekily. "Are you seducing me, Thirlwall?"

"Stop being cocky you dipshit."

She slapped my arm playfully while laughing. I laughed along with her until it became silent and this is the moment that I love the most. I can be so loud and silent when I'm with her. It's not an awkward silence though. It's a comfortable one. Only her can make me feel like that.

I stood up from the ground and offered a hand to her. I pulled her up, and before she could even blink, she was thrown over my shoulder.

"Perrie, put me down!" I ignored her and continued walking as she repeatedly hit my back.

When she realized I wouldn't put her down, she gave up and instead, she started drawing small circles on my back.

That went on until I reached their front door. I rang the doorbell and a smiling Norma greeted me.

"Oh that bum looks good Jadey." She exclaimed, patting her ass cheek lightly. I heard Jade groan at her mum's gesture.

Norma ushered me inside and I sat myself on the couch where Norma was waiting, but not before putting my best friend down on her feet.

She settled herself on my lap, took my phone from my pocket, and began playing random games on it.

"Where did you two came from?" Norma asked with a smile.

Seeing as my graduation is only a month away, we are basically inseparable than ever, trying to spend as much time with each other. I always come in their house after school to hang out with her.

"We've been in our little hideout since this afternoon." I told her which is true. Me and Jade spent our time talking and cuddling in our little hideout near the lake just around the block.

"Oh I see. Well would you like to stay darling girl? I'll make dinner." Norma offered but I shook my head.

"It's okay mammy Norma. I don't want to bother you."