Chapter 8

Comment and Vote

Next day~~~

I woke up the next morning with a killer headache. It felt like someone was using my head as drums. I walked to the bathroom and noticed the bags under my eyes.

"Argh," I said to myself. I never felt like I wanted to just skip school and lay in my bed all day. I'm one of those people who is usually the first person up in the morning, now I just can't wait until school is over. I got ready for school then went downstairs to see if someone had cooked breakfast but once again there was nothing but a note telling me to cook something for my brother and I.

"BRYAN!!" I called out for my brother. He came rushing down the stairs.

"What do you want?" He said with an attitude.

"Make a bowl of cereal, I'm too lazy to cook breakfast." I said. He glanced at the note mom left

"Mom said you HAVE to cook breakfast." He said staring me down.

"Well I'm tired so either make your own breakfast or make a bowl of cereal." I said.

"BUT MOM SAI-"

"Bryan I don't care what she said you listen to what I said." I left the kitchen then went outside. Bryan followed.

"I will just eat breakfast at school." He said.

"That's your best bet," I said then unlocked the doors to my car, I drove Bryan to school first then I headed to my school. I knew my hair was a mess, I had bags under my eyes, sweatpants on. This definitely wasn't the typical Charity. As I walked through the hallways. I heard laughs and snickering. I knew it was because my new look. I went to homeroom to get away from all the laughing in the hallway, but the awkwardness rose when I saw Brady. He stared me down as I walked to my seat. I felt weird sitting in front of him. I felt bad about what I said to him last night, but he just made me so mad. I turned around to face Brady.

"Brady. Can I say something." I said awkwardly.

"What do you want?" He said in an indignant tone. I can tell he was still mad at me.

"Look I know we don't really get along but I wanted to apologize. What I said last night shouldn't have been said. I crossed a line that shouldn't have been crossed." I said.

"You take that apology and shove it your ass because I don't want it but just remember... I got you." He said.

"What do you mean I got you?" I said a little suspicious.

"Just know that I won't forget what you said about me being poor and stuff." He said looking a little sneaky.

"I didn't call you poor, all I said was you live in the poor part of town." I said defensively.

"I don't care what you said. You don't know my situation. But remember I got you... end of conversation." He said than put his book in front of his face to block me off.

I thought about what he said all period.

What did Brady mean by, "He got me?"