Chapter 11

Comment and Vote

Charity what the hell are you doing?" I heard my mom yell. Brady and I quickly let go of each other.

"Nothing mother." I say then fixing my clothes.

"Oh it didn't look like nothing." She says, with her arms folded.

"Honestly Mam we were doing nothing but hugging."

Brady steps in. My mother did not look pleased. She already hated Brady.

"Did I say you can talk?"

My mother said to Brady with so much disgust. She always thought she was better than everyone else.

"I can talk whenever I want in my house." Brady snapped back. That was the first time someone ever talked back to my mom.

"Well I am leaving your house. It’s disgusting anyway." She said going too far. Brady looked furious.

"Fuck you and get out of my house now!" Brady yelled at my mom. I got scared, this was the maddest I ever seen Brady.

"Fine." My mother says. She grabs my arm and basically drags me with her.

"Ouch mom, you're hurting my arm." I cry in pain.

"Shut up. How dare you hug that disgusting boy?" She says.

"He is not disgusting." I say defending him. Who would think I would be defending Brady?

"Yes, he is the vilest person I have ever met. I swear to God if you ever talk to that boy again you will be going to private school." She threatens me. I never thought I would ever say this, but right now I hate my mom....

*******************************************************************

The next day...

I walked into school, looking like the prissy me. I had my hair looking perfect, my clothes and my makeup. My mom made me look extra nice today since it was picture day. I had to avoid Brady today, I didn't want to be sent to private school. I had first period with Brady... fuck my life. It wasn't going to be easy avoiding Brady but I had to. I walked into my first period class awkwardly. Brady and his friend were staring at me hard. I don't know if they were thinking negative thoughts or positive ones about me. I sat down at my desk, which was right in front of them.

"Oh so you're going to act like you can't say hi." I hear Brady say. I turned around to face him.

"I can't talk to you anymore." I say quietly.

"What? Why? We were just starting to warm up to each other." Brady jokes, I didn't find this situation amusing.

"I can't... my mom said, I can't be seen with people like you." I said.

"People like me? And how long are you going to listen to mommy? You need to grow up and have fun." He insults me. I am so used to people say I am a boring girl but I am going to get somewhere in life.

"I do have fun." I shot back.

"Okay, so how come you are not going to talk to me anymore?" He says.

"Because I don't want to go to private school." I say, lowering my voice.

"She threatens to make you go private school? What a bitch..." He insults my mom. I got angry even though my mom can be strict sometimes she is not a bitch.

"Don't talk about my mom like that!" I yell.

"Charity keep it down." My teacher hushes me.

"I am sorry." I say as I lower myself in my chair.

"Okay, I didn't mean to call your mom a bitch but I do think she is too hard on you." Brady says, I don't believe him for one second. He knew he would call her that again if he had the opportunity.

"Too hard on me? When have you started to care about me?" I asked.

"I don't, I just feel like I owe you since you were there for me last night, I forgot to thank you." Brady says, smiling at me.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked him.

"What do you mean?"

"You are being a little too nice to me. What do you want?" I say scooting my chair forward.

"Oh well, there is one thing I want." He says looking me up and down, obviously checking me out. I sneered at his dirty comment. Boys can be so nasty these days.

"In your dreams." I say.

"That reminds me. I dream about you last night." Brady says then grins. Ugh what a loser!