Taste

7 Years Later

Your POV

   "Miyuki! Come on now you have to eat and get to school!" I holler up the stairs at my daughter who I know is lazing about. Reiji walks in and gives me a kiss on the cheek.
"Hm? Are you leaving?" I mutter.
     Reiji looks down and sighs. "I have to, something happened with Shu and the family business... So I need to help him figure things out. I'll pick MiMi up from school alright?". I nod in response and hand him his coat before giving him a quick kiss and watching him leave the door. 7 years.... That's how long we've been married. We never had a ceremony... Or exchanged vows. Reiji likes efficiency I know that... But still.
" I JUST WISH WE HAD DONE A CEREMONY INSTEAD OF SIMPLY REGISTERING!" I sigh as I hear a faint snicker in the corner of the room. I turn Around and see nothing I turn back to see little Miyuki biting my arm. "Hey now! I told you, no biting anymore! You have to learn to take your blood tablets!"
"That's true, but you also aren't supposed to talk to yourself, and no ones stoping you." Miyuki smirks, looks away and twists the tip of her shoes against the floor.
"Fair point... Hey! Aren't you supposed to be in your uniform?! We have to leave in 10 minutes chop chop!" I launch at her and try to tickle her. She runs away and up her stairs, with me chasing her all the way to her room. I head back downstairs and finish making her breakfast. I put her Oniri into her bento box and bind them together. She makes her way down the stairs and comes to sit at the table. I serve her breakfast nearly as quickly as she finishes it. We pile into the car and make our way to her school.
The very odd thing about vampires is that they do age. However it's only until they reach the age of 18. They stay that way physically for the rest of their lives. They don't live eternally either, it takes a lot to kill a vampire... but it can be done. It's consider a sign of love. I could never show my love to Reiji or Miyuki that way. I simply could not.
My train of thought stops as I realize that we have reached her school building. I open the door, give her a quick hug and watch her run into the school. I return home and spend the day lazing around without much to do. I would usually spend time with Shu's wife, but she had come down with an illness and was bedridden. About halfway through the day I get a call from Reiji saying that he's almost done with work, and that he will pick MiMi up soon. It's then that I realize she has a sleepover planned. So I quickly run about the house to find the address of her friends house and I give it to Reiji, so he knows where to take her after class.

A few hours later

Reiji arrives home and gives me a tight hug. And nuzzles me into his chest. "Reiji, what's up?" I mutter.
"Nothing, nothing at all. I just... It's been a while since we've hugged. Like this, we are both always so busy..." He whispered into my ear, while biting the end up my ear. I blush harder than ever before and hug him back.
"Reiji, it's been seven years... I'm 23 years old now... I look 23...you still look 18.." I step back from him looking at the floor.
"What does that matter, you're still sexy". He tries to pull me back in running his fingers through my hair. Once again I step back.
"I don't mean in looks. I'm aging Reiji...I'm gonna die within the next 80 years. The chances of that happening to you are small. I don't like being so fragile when my child and Husband are vampires..." I look away as he grabs my wrist.
"What are you saying? Y/N... No." His grip tightens on my wrist and I wince in pain. "Do you know how badly I wish Miyuki was mortal?! Sure being a vampire lengthens your life, but it gives it less worth! You find yourself wishing you were dead at some point. I'm 25. You know that?! So I haven't gotten there yet, I haven't been alive long enough to hate still living. But I know many who have. Many who have died. Many who have wished to be killed by those they loved! You want to give up your mortality for that?!" His grip was so tight on my wrist, holding it up in the air above my head and now only a few inches away from my face. I start to tear up. He sighs. "look... It's not all that awful, but I need you to know what it means. You need to know that your giving up an easy death. Do you still want to?" I look deep into his eyes and I can see that the simple Idea pains him. However, I can't let. My child go through more pain than I'll ever have to. As a mother I can't allow that.
"Yes. I'll have you, and Miyuki... I know I'll be ok. I can't watch her light dimmed, while mine still glows. I just can't." I look at him with tears in my eyes. Before I know it he has picked me up and payed me down on the couch. He begins kissing me, and leading the kisses down to my neck, before placing another soft tender kiss on my lips. My fingers intertwined with his, I've never felt so connected to him. It felt as if he knew every feeling I had ever experienced, he knew every thought I had in that very moment. As if he could feel ever blast of warmth coming from every part of me. His eyes glowed, which had never happened before. I hadn't realized that he had pierced my skin with some of those kisses. He kissed my neck, and slowly I felt his fangs reach my veins. However this time, instead of taking my blood, he was releasing his own. Into my very blood. It was such an orgasmic feeling that I couldn't tell where I was or who I was anymore. It was a connection him and I had never had. When I came to, he had me drink his blood, to ensure the transformation. It had a taste that I adored, the thought of it scared me... But I couldn't lie to myself. This is how In would feel from this moment on, no blood would taste as good to me as his.