Elliot Meets Little Ms. Einstein

History Class

'Ancient Greece' was on the board and Cory held a present in his hands

"Ancient Greece," Cory told the class.

"What that? What that that?" Riley pointed to the gift.

"What thi-this? This is a present." Cory told her.

"Is it for me?' Riley smiled.

"What's your game, Matthews?" Maya asked

"Game? I mean no game. I just want to know who here wants this present."  Cory told the class.

Everyone raised their hands but Elliot and Maya.

"Oh, Maya, Elliot what? You assume by playing hard to get, I'm gonna give it to one of you?" Cory asked.

"Well, yes. That's one of the many arrows in my quiver." Maya whined.

"Medieval talk what are you doing to me, woman?" Farkle was freaking out.

Everybody looked at him weirdly.

"Ancient Greece is written in on the board I think I know what you're doing," Elliot told him.

"Riley." Cory gave Riley the present.

"Yay!"  Riley cheered.

"Riley don't open it," Elliot warned her.

But Riley didn't listen to him and opened it.

She then pulled out a mini blackboard.

"The trojan horse?" Riley read it.

"Surprise." Cory smiled.

"I told you not to open it," Elliot told her.

"This isn't a present. This is one of your life lessons wrapped up in a class lesson wrapped up in a box of nothing."  Riley snapped.

"How you doing, honey?" Maya asked concerned.

"I'm all worked up!" Riley yelled.

"I know." Maya nodded.

"You assumed because it was all neat and pretty that something good was inside. Ancient Troy was protected by walls. The Greeks couldn't get in, so they built a big wooden horse and left it behind. What do you think the trojans did?" Cory asked.

"They left it there because they were afraid that somebody was trying to teach them something." Riley glared at Cory.

Cory looked at her weirdly and then shook her head.

"They captured it as a trophy and brought it inside. That night, the Greek soldiers crawled out of the horse and defeated Troy. What have we learned here?" Cory asked.

Lucas raised his hand.

"Mr. Friar?" Cory called.

"Don't make assumptions based on what you see?" Lucas said in a questioning tone.