Elliot Meets Crazy Hat

Subway Station

Elliot, Maya, and Riley were coming in from the rain. They were wearing garbage bags. Elliot and Maya threw theirs.

They saw 'Crazy Hat' Subway Lady was observing everybody.

"There she is again." Riley pointed out.

"Crazy Hat's always here," Maya spoke up.

"What do you think her deal is Former movie star? Olympic figure skater?" Riley wondered.

"Bum on a bench." Elliot declared.

'But look at how she looks at everyone. What goes on in a head like hers? I guess we'll never know." Riley sighed.

Elliot and Maya smirked at each other.

"Hey, Crazy Hat! What goes on in your head?!" They yelled in unions.

Crazy Hat stared at them.

"And a new adventure begins." Riley took a deep breath.

"You, you and you, c'mere! I'll teach you about life." Crazy Hat told them to sit next to her.

Maya sat next to her. Elliot was about to but Riley pulled him back.

"Can't. Stranger. You want us to sit on the bench, we're gonna need three forms of identification." Riley told her.

"Oh come on." Elliot rolled his eyes.

"Trust me. I know who she is. She's alright." The cop told her.

"See Riles." Elliot smiled and sat next to Maya.

"Ok, copper." Riley saluted and sat on the other side of Crazy Hat.

"Hey! That's officer copper to you." He saluted back.

"Mornin', Evelyn. Never gonna stop rainin', is it?" The cop asked Crazy Hat.

"That's okay, Eugene. These two little dollies and hunk are about to give me one of their designer ponchos." Crazy Hat told him.

"They're garbage bags, Eugene. But you have to put a hole for your head." Riley told him.

"Ah, so you can breathe." The cop nodded.

"So the garbageman doesn't throw you out right Riles?" Elliot smirked.

Riley blushed embarrassed.

"Yep, that happened." Maya nodded.

"I was yelling, but he didn't care." Riley shook her head.

"El and I rescued her from the truck," Maya told him.

"They chased me all the way to 33rd street." Riley smiled.

"Wow, now that is a friend. Me? I don't Chase nobody for nothin'." The cop told them.

"What if I stole a banana?" Maya asked.

"I'd be very disappointed in you." The cop gave her a disappointed look.

"Okay." Maya sighed and looked down.

"Shame on you Maya!" Elliot scolded.

"I'm sorry." Maya apologized.

"I have observed you three are good friends. You two are twins and you hunk are in love with blondey." Crazy Hat told them.

"Don't miss a thing, do you, Crazy Hat?" Elliot said half impressed and half creeped out.

"No, I don't. Now you're about to be late for school, and I'm about to be late for addressing The United Nations." She smiled.