Elliot Meets Master Plan

Before you start reading. This chapter is no way intended to offend males (or any gender) that likes to wear jewelry (especially rings)! Enjoy!   
_______________________________________

 This chapter is no way intended to offend males (or any gender) that likes to wear jewelry (especially rings)! Enjoy!    _______________________________________

Riley's room

Elliot was sitting by the bay window waiting for Maya to come. Riley was wrapping a present.

"Come on Riles. She's gonna be here any second now." Elliot told her.

Riley put the bow on top and sat by the bay window.

Maya came through the window.

"Happy 14, Maya!" The twins said in unions.

Riley handed her gift first.

Maya began opening it but it turned out to a bunch of boxes wrapped up in more boxes.

Elliot chuckled as Maya opened box after box and her gift was still not revealed.

"How's 14? Tell me what it's like to be 14, but don't leave anything out." Riley told her.

"So far it's a lot of work." Maya sighed as she opened a box and it turned out to be an even smaller box.

"Because you know El and I will be there soon, and I want to know what I have to look forward to," Riley told her.

"Well, if you're like me, you can look forward to your mother forgetting your birthday." Maya smiled sarcastically.

"What? Seriously?" Elliot asked shocked.

"Oh, no she did not!" Riley said angrily and began to leave but Maya grabbed her from the back.

"Where you goin', honey?" Maya asked.

"Must talk to your mom." Riley struggled in Maya's grip.

"Must not get involved," Maya told her.

"Why do you tell me these things if you don't expect me to fix them?" Riley asked as she sat back down.

"When you're 14, you'll understand," Maya said calmly.

"How could your mother forget your birthday, Maya?" Riley asked.

"I've stopped trying to figure it out. She was already gone when I woke up this morning." Maya told her.

"This doesn't make sense. I know she doesn't show it much but your mom cares about Maya." Elliot told her.

"I know she cares about me. Just not enough to remember my birthday. She probably just took an early shift at the diner." Maya shrugged.

"Rather than be there for your birthday? Ah-uh." Riley shook her head and began to leave but Maya held her from the back.

Maya finally opened the present and saw three friendship rings.