Keith x Trans Male!Reader

WARNING! There will be transphobic messages in this and may trigger some people. There will be depression, self doubt and dysphoria. I do advise you to not read on if this type of stuff triggers you easily.

Requested by ExtremeMaxstar

"KEITH DOESN'T REALLY UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE TRANS CONCEPT SO HE THOUGH THE READER WAS LYING ABOUT THEMSELVES THE WHOLE TIME AND GETS UPSET AND ANGRY AND READER GETS VERY UPSET AND DYSPHORIC ABOUT THEMSELVES AND LOCKS THEMSELF IN THEIR ROOM AND THE TEAM HAS TO TEACH KEITH ABOUT TRANSGENDER AND ALL THAT AND HE MAKES IT UP THE THE READER."

I'm in such an angsty mood my dudes and it's getting really hard to care about myself or others at the moment. I just dont feel like im cared for? I dont know i think im just being bitter because none of my friends show the same care i do for them. So i thought hey why not fuel my anger with something that i can relate to and a somewhat sad prompt.

Hope this was good enough...

---

You were shaking. You felt you're body filling up with anxiety as silence filled the room, staring at your boyfriend with what could only be deemed as fear. He sat there, motionless as he took in what you had just said to him.

"Wait i don't understand. What is Transgender?" He asked, his face twisting into confusion and he stared at you like you were crazy, and boy didn't that look hurt.

"Transgender is the feeling that you aren't the gender you were born as. So basically i was born as a female but i feel as though, well i am male." You tried to explain. It was never easy explaining it, it was either to confusing for the person or they just don't want to understand. You are really hoping it's the former's deal with Keith.

"Wait you were born female? Then you aren't male." He said, frustration in his tone.

"Yea i was born female but i am male." You said, god it felt like talking to your parents again.

"So what you're telling me is that you have lying to me about who you are." You stared at him with disbelief.

"No! Fuck no i haven't im exactly who i am, im literally just telling you i have a vagina rather than a dick." His face twisted into confusion and he started shaking his head.

"No you aren't male. You have a vagina, that means you're female. Why are you lying to me?" He said, standing up and pacing the room. "(Y/N) im gay, not straight. Why are you lying about being male?"

You stood staring at him, tears stinging the rim of your eyes. How could not understand what you meant? Why is it so hard for people to comprehend the concept of a transgender person. You lowered your head and and tried to calm to on coming panic attack. Thoughts were coming back to your head, thoughts you only had when you first came out as trans, the dysphoria was coming back, the self-hatred.

"I need to go." You whispered and ran out of the room, tears streaming down your face as sentences of the past ran around your head. You were shaking, trying to get to your room as fast as you could, only to bump into Shiro on the way.

"Oh sorry (Y/N) didn't see yo- are you okay?" Shiro cut himself off when he saw your tears and you looked up at him, seeing worry and concern in his eyes.

"I-I told Keith about m-me" you didn't have to say more, Shiro knew about you before anyone else, he was the only one you felt comfortable talking to about it. "He thought i was lying to him about who i am and said i wasn't male and Shiro the thoughts are back i cant stop them they are hurting me i cant-" you cut yourself off with a sob.