First Time She Says I Love You

Kara

"I'll be back soon." You said kissing her cheek. "Everything will resume as it was I promise." 

"Don't go, I love you." She said and you stopped, shocked that she said it so soon. "Oh no, did I freak you out?" 

"No, god no, I'm just surprised." You said and she smiled, not expecting you to say it back immediately. "I might need a minute to really think about it." 

"I get it, relationships aren't your thing." She said and you nodded. 

Lucy

"Oh my god I've missed you!" Lucy said jumping to hug you. She'd been overseas helping with some secret government thing. 

"I missed you too." You said and Lucy laid her head on your shoulder. "So, how was your flight?" 

"Well, I flew first class, but all I could think about was how much I missed you." Lucy said and you smiled at her. 

"Please go on." 

"How much I love you." Lucy said and you stopped, getting really pale really quickly.

Lena

You tried not to panic, knowing that this dinner was important. Not only was it the first fundraiser/press event that Lena was bringing you to, but it was your first time being at one of her parties as anything other than a waitress. 

"Y/n, are you ready?" Lena asked waltzing into your bedroom. Your apartment was 6 blocks from the event, meaning that the two of you would be walking there and back, most likely stopping for doughnuts or something sweet. 

"Yeah, I mean it was, but I'm going to feel underdressed." You said and Lena shook her head, wrapping her arms over your shoulders. "Seriously, I'm wearing a button up and a pair of skinny jeans. The only difference between this and my work outfit is that my work outfit has nicer pants." 

"You look good, very much like the student I know you are." Lena said and you glanced at the various books scattered around your desk. "Come on, you've earned this. Don't worry about shit, they've got nothing on you babe." 

"Yeah, I guess, but still, those people know me. They know what your mom did to me and they're gonna fucking say you're only with me because of what your mom did and I'll probably fucking believe them." You said, not caring about your word vomit. 

"Hey, shut the fuck up, I'm with you because I love you." Lena said kissing your nose. 

"Y-you love me?" You asked, dumbfounded by what she'd just said. "Holy shit Lena Luthor loves me." 

Alex

"Do you love me?" Your head shot up and Alex looked confused for a second. "I mean, it's cool if you don't, but I love you and I was wondering." 

"Yeah, I love you." You said, waiting for her to finish her sentence. "Wanna go get lunch?" 

"Sure, I'll pay." Alex said wrapping an arm around your waist. "Wendy's?" 

"You know it." You said happy your girlfriend remembered where you liked to get your chicken nuggets. 

Maggie

You sat in the waiting room for the police office. Maggie was out in the field currently, but she was supposed to be back soon enough. You played on your phone as you waited and accepted the doughnut that was offered to you by one of the rookie cops you'd befriended. 

"Looks like somebody's waiting for you Sawyer." You heard Maggie's partner said pointing towards you. She ran towards you and wrapped her arms around you tightly in a hug. You laid your head on top of hers, happy about being taller than her. She backed up and that's when you noticed something was off, meaning that something happened to her when she was out. 

"Talk to me baby." You said sitting on the floor crisscross applesauce. She sat in your lap and laid her head on your shoulder. She wasn't crying, but she did stare at you like you were the most important thing in her life which meant a whole fucking lot.  "Do you want to tell me?" 

"I just, thought something happened to you." Maggie said, a little choked up. "The description matched yours, but luckily when I got there it wasn't you. I thought I lost the woman I love." 

"I'm right here." You said, blushing at the fact that she loves you. "Also, excuse this, I know it won't help anything, but are you sure I'm who you wanna love? There are better people out there." 

"It's you and only you for now." Maggie said, teasing evident in her voice. "Vegan ice cream after my shift?" 

"Ugh, I want normal ice cream with dairy." You whined and she rolled her eyes. "Fine, but you are buying me a burger later." 

"Deal." She said kissing your cheek.