Confessing Your Love to Me at the Worst Possible Moment (Lena Luthor)

"Y/n, you good?" You heard a voice over your earpiece. You nodded in the direction of the police chief. Sawyer was positioned not too far from you, but you were close to Lena, in case of an attack. You'd met at the Fireman's Ball, where'd you been supporting your now exgirlfriend. However, you still managed to remain friends with practically every single fireman in National City. 

"All good." You said and the press thing started. Lena's speech was beautiful, especially the part about equality for all. 

"Luthors are liars!" An alien yelled from the crowd before going to hit Lena with something. You jumped in front of it, managing to shoot it in the leg, but also getting hit yourself. 

"You good Luthor?" You asked and Lena nodded, eyes beginning to flood her eyes. "Sawyer, you got it?" 

"Yeah." Maggie said, picking it up. "I've got a cop down, front and center, you can't miss it." 

"I'm good." You said trying to get up. That immediately made things worse. You laid back down, this time catching a glimse of the blood pouring out from your body. You were close to passing out and probably dying. You could hear sirens in the distance, but you knew you were probably too far off. 

"Y/n, stay awake." Lena said shaking you lightly. "Come on, you can't do this." 

"Calm down." You said and Lena was full out crying. "Better me than you." 

"No, it's not." Lena said, her voice angry. "I love you too much for you to die. I doubt I could live without you, Y/n, you gotta stay awake." 

"You should work on your timing." You said closing your eyes and embracing the oncoming darkness. 

Possibly TBC...