• chapter one ;

"Just what kind of school is this?" Jihoon huffed as he dropped his bag on the couch.

"Did you not hear what the school dean said?" Soonyoung glared at Jihoon before jumping onto his bed. "In this school we lay our souls, in this school we'll either survive or die."

Jihoon frowned. "How ridiculous."

"We're going to start lessons tomorrow anyway." said Soonyoung. "And tomorrow we'll know what is the true point on why we joined here with the dorks."

And by dorks, Jihoon knew that Soonyoung meant were the guys.

"No way I am going out of this dorm room," Jihoon argued. "The dorm halls sink. I think they killed the school dorm janitor's for real."

. . .

It was 1 in the morning, and Jihoon managed to wake up from the sound of his alarm—Wrong, Soonyoung's maxed volume alarm to be exact.

"Fuck my roommate for ruining my sleep." Jihoon grumbled quietly, not wanting to wake Soonyoung up either.

Jihoon went out of their room. He knew that first day of classes would be starting later, but it was still early in the morning and since Jihoon was bored, he tried getting out of the dorm.

Once he stepped out, he realized the halls of the dorm building no longer stinks like yesterday when they first stepped inside the dorm building. Instead, it smelled lemon mixed with sunflower's fragrance.

"The headmaster might've put a scented candle on the dorm deck." Jihoon thought.

While he was walking, he was startled when someone dashed in front of him- No, he was running and ended up bumping on to Jihoon.

"Oh my god, what are you doing here, Jihoon? It's too late at night for you to be out of bed."

Jihoon scoffed.

"Actually, Mingyu," spoke Jihoon. "I just woke up due to Soonyoung's alarm. I don't even know what was the point of him setting a morning alarm at 1 in the morning at a max volume, either he tried waking me up at such a godly hour or himself trying to wake up so early for school when in reality, alarms doesn't work on him at all."

Mingyu laughed quietly at what the older had said.

"So, what about you? What are you doing here?" Jihoon questioned the younger.

"Tsk, me and Wonwoo had no stocks of food at the dorm so I thought I should go to the culinary lab and cook or make something delicious for tomorrow- or rather later for both breakfast and lunch," Mingyu answered. "But the dorm keeper caught the lights open at the lab where was I, so I jumped out of the window and ran to the dorm building." Mingyu chuckled. "Funny, right?"

"Yes it is," Jihoon's expression didn't even change. "But why do you need to supply yourself and Wonwoo with meals? You know the cafeteria still exists."

And it was Mingyu who was frowning. "Do you really believe that the cafeteria serves mouth-watering foods? Because it's the opposite and I believe only the culinary professor can serve us delicious meals." Mingyu admitted. "Chan once told me yesterday morning that he witnessed the sulking students who looked like they're about to puke, lining up at the cafeteria counter and crinkling their noses, probably from the filthy smell."

"Students wasting their voices and breathes at the 2nd hallway at 1 am in the morning, prepare for execution!" An echoed voice cried out, making Jihoon and Mingyu stand up from the floor.

"Shit," Mingyu cursed. "We better go back to our dormitories."

"Wait, what- or rather who was that?" Jihoon questioned.

"I don't know, probably the dorm keeper." Mingyu replied.

"Wait, even one rule being unfollowed also leads to death execution?" Jihoon questioned.

"Yeah," Mingyu's face crumpled into disgust. "Death executions are for students who doesn't follow both school and dorm rules or students who flunk out all of their subjects, so we better be careful on doing these without getting caught or else we might be sentenced to death."

"We'll talk again later, for now we better save ourselves from danger or else we might get caught." Mingyu let go of Jihoon's hand before running off. "Bye!"

Then, Jihoon also went back to his respective dorm room. When he entered, he saw that Soonyoung was still asleep. Well, he didn't mind anway.

He sat down on his bed and opened his phone. He have a lot of time before classes start, who even knows what will be happening to them later?

. . .