• chapter seventeen ;

"Look over Seungkwan hyung and Vernon hyung, okay?" Chan pleaded. Jeonghan watched him with pity, as he smiled at the younger like a mother.

"I will." Jeonghan answers. Despite the loud noises that can be heard inside the party room, Chan still managed to hear the older male. "You, Chan, look over your hyungs too, okay? I don't want anymore dangerous things to happen. Take care of yourself too, okay, Chan?"

Chan smiled as he nodded. "Yes hyung." He looked at the older males having fun as they munch on whatever food they could eat from the serving table while drinking, some to alcohols, some on juices while some drink on water—like Chan himself and most specifically Jisoo.

Jeonghan patted Chan's shoulder twice. "I'll be going now."

Jeonghan was about to turn his heel when Chan cried out a "Wait!". Jeonghan then glanced at him with a questioning look. Chan got out something from his pocket which was hugged tightly in his fist. He reached out to Jeonghan's hand, exposing his palm wide as if he was begging. Chan then gave him the item, placed it on his palm then rolled Jeonghan's fingers over it, the older now fisting it.

"It's their key. Their room key I mean. Hansol hyung dropped it earlier." Chan stated as Jeonghan gladly accepted it. "And I was sure they'd lock their door."

"Thank you, Chan. Now watch over your hyungs." Jeonghan patted him on the shoulder once again before he turned his heel, exited the party room and headed to the dorm building.

. . .

Jeonghan twisted the key inside the keyhole, having a suspicious feeling upon walking in the room. It was dark so he barely saw anything before he turned on the lights, letting them lit the room. The first thing Jeonghan saw was the two young boys sleeping together in Hansol's single bed, much to the oldest's wonder. He immediately discovered the answer why upon his eyes landed on Seungkwan's empty bed. There were blood stains on the blanket, the pillow was ripped which caused some feathers to fall out, and what shocked Jeonghan the most was the cutter on the same bed.

Seeing the objects, Jeonghan pondered hard. 'Who could've self-harmed between the two of them?'

Jeonghan crept towards Hansol's bed where the two young boys were sleeping together. Trying his best to keep them asleep, he quietly lifted Seungkwan's long sleeve since his instincts told him that he had a feeling about who might've self-harmed — that it might've been Seungkwan.

Jeonghan gasped — there were scratches and slit marks on the Jeju boy's arm.

'So that was why he was wearing long sleeves since he ran away from us after we accused him?'

Jeonghan didn't knew what to do. Suddenly, he heard a tap from the window — 'What the fuck?' Jeonghan raises an eyebrow to himself. 'Who in the world would tap on the window from the outside when the floor we're in isn't even on ground — but a few floors above?'

Jeonghan shivered, too scared. But he tried his best for his bravery and courage to consume him as he walked towards the window and slid it open—

Drip drip drip, Jeonghan heard from the ground, but he chose to look up and there— there was a corpse hanging from the window of the room directly above Seungkwan and Hansol's room.

Its eyes were bloodshot red, face and exposed skin full of cuts, clothes stained with blood, and it had its right leg chopped off but still dangling from the body. Its blood was the one dripping on the ground which was around 15 feet below them, which Jeonghan thought it probably stained a plant decorated on the dorm building's sides or the grassy ground that may have now been red from the natural red liquid. But Jeonghan didn't look beneath him, he was too shocked looking at the corpse's face that he had to prevent himself from screaming by putting his hands on his gasping lips. He was at loss for words — it wasn't because how it was disgusting and scary, but because how familiar its face is.