• chapter ten ;

"How in the world do you not know that your roommate has a broken arm?" Seungkwan hissed as he slurped on his pasta.

To be detailed, everyone was in the great hall right now, eating their dinner.

Mingyu sighed. "He didn't sleep in the dorm yesterday! I mean—last night. I thought he still had classes so I went to sleep, without even knowing he never came to the dorm that night."

Seungkwan glared at Mingyu. "Then where was he?"

"I don't know." Mingyu shrugged. "I think everyone doesn't know. No one knows."

Seungkwan raised an eyebrow. "Well, let's think he was just in the clinic because of a broken arm. I guess we could put it that way. He could never get out of this whole school campus—even outside the borderlines of the dorm, right?"

"Yeah," Mingyu nodded. "And he wasn't seen on his afternoon classes today. Well, we're spared anyways, aren't we? So basically he won't get killed."

"Yeah." Seungkwan replied simply.

Someone sat beside Mingyu, who turned out to be Jieqiong.

"I came here to bring news." The woman said. "I was tasked to give Jeon Jungkook a proper burial tomorrow on the school's garden. He has been a decent student, the dean says."

"Well, that's good." Seungkwan answered.

"I'm sorry about your friend's loss." Jieqiong bowed. "I'm really sorry."

Mingyu swallowed his food. "It's okay, there's no need to say sorry. Sorry about Xiyeon's death too. I miss how she hogged all of our macaroons every breaks."

"It's okay too." Jieqiong replied. "And also, about Jungkook-ssi's death, I heard from the teachers that he wasn't killed by any teachers and staffs. Perhaps a student,"

"That was what we were thinking," Seungkwan mentioned. "And we happen to have someone in mind."

. . .

"You have to find him!" Seungkwan yelled. "You have to. You really have too. Please, I beg you."

Mingyu sighed. "But where could he even be?"

"I don't know. No one knows. That's why you have to find him." Seungkwan said with a serious voice.

"Then I can't—Wait, I think I know where he could be."

"Then go." Seungkwan forced a smile. "I trust in you."

Mingyu smiled and turned around without looking back, scurrying off to God knows where.

  . . .

The school's garden.

It was dark because it was night, but of course the lights were open to lit up the darkness. The school's garden was lighted up by stringed lights, like the ones those on Christmas lights. Surely it was and felt lively,  but now when Mingyu entered right away and almost fell into a bury hole—where he assumed Jungkook was going to be buried tomorrow, he dropped the thought of him being decent tonight.

"Oh my god," Mingyu sighingly repeated in a low voice, trying to calm himself down from the sudden shock of almost falling in the hole.

Then, in the shadows, Mingyu spotted someone near the corner of the garden, looking up to the night sky which was filled with shining stars while sitting in a polished wooden bench.

 Mingyu slightly trembled. "H-Hyung," he tried to call out.

The person didn't turn around, perhaps Mingyu's voice was too low to hear, so he tried again.