• chapter three ;

Mingyu sighed. "It's just the third day of classes, but my ass is already worn out now." Mingyu dropped his body on his bed.

"How many works have you had so far?" Wonwoo questioned without looking at the younger, as he reached out for something, probably food inside the fridge.

"I'm guessing you had at least only 3 works." Mingyu said. "Meanwhile I had more than 6 I guess."

Wonwoo bobbed his head as he closed the fridge, holding a cup of yogurt. "I guess sophomore is intense,"

"And junior is not?" Mingyu shot back. "This is getting me mad for real. I wonder how Minghao and Seokmin are doing? Are they experiencing the same tragic feeling as me as a same sophomore?"

"You can do it," Wonwoo casually replied, simply trying to motivate the younger but his tone was too flat and didn't seem to have any emotions. Mingyu watched him get a spoon from their Chinese cabinet as Wonwoo opened the cap of his yogurt before Mingyu groaned.

"Fine I'll be back," Mingyu got out of bed.

"Speaking of which, it's 5 in the afternoon right now. Don't you have Student Council interview as an applicant?" Wonwoo questioned as he feed himself with the tiny spoon of yogurt.

"Well as for that, that was canceled. And since our Chemistry work is due tomorrow already, I will have to talk with Nayoung." Mingyu said boldly, quite sharp on the 'already' part.

"Oh okay, good luck." Wonwoo replied. "Have fun."

"OH GOSH HYUNG, HOW COME THAT'S THE ONLY THING YOU CAN SAY TO ME?! I'M NOT GOING TO THE AMUSEMENT PARK NOR THE ARCADE HOUSE OKAY, SO HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO HAVE FUN?!" Mingyu all of a sudden ranted. "I'M OUTTA HERE. CHILL YOURSELF ON THE COUCH WHILE EATING THAT ICE CREAM WHILE WATCHING TV."

"But this is yogurt?" Wonwoo answered.

Mingyu rolled his eyes. "Whatever. BYE!" Mingyu exited their dorm room before slamming the door, leaving Wonwoo with a blank face.

. . .

"I'm sorry!" Xiyeon bowed immediately, after she just made a terrible mistake when she just answered a wrong one.

"Sorry Ms. Park, but I command that you should go to the School Dean's office and write your name on the 'list'." Said the Math professor. "Now." He said, sharply.

"Y-yes," Xiyeon trembled.

Kyulkyung, who was just a few seats away from her, felt so sorry for her friend being sent to the office. Among the girls, it was actually only Kyulkyung and Xiyeon on the same Math Class.

Kyulkyung felt stuttering and shivering too, because she felt worried for Xiyeon. She felt something dark that will happen to her, death perhaps? No, impossible, her friend could never be dead. No one would want their friend to die, would they? Right.

Now what would happen next?

. . .

Sungyeon tightly held Xiyeon's hand. "Yah, Xiyeon, are you okay?" Sungyeon worriedly shook her friend's hand, afraid that the girl wasn't in her stable state.

Sungyeon observed her friend's appearance. "Oh my god, what's happening to you?!" Sungyeon exclaimed. "Why do you look so pale? You have been shivering and stuttering for how many minutes now. Did you get sick?" Sungyeon palmed Xiyeon's forehead. "But you're not feeling hot at all. Do you feel a knot on your stomach? Did you get stomach virus? Please don't! Oh my god you're really making me worried," Sungyeon sighed.

Xiyeon forcedfully let go of her own hand from Sungyeon's grip. "I'm fine, okay, I'm fine."

"But you're not—"

"I need to go to Nayoung now! I need to get from her my work in Statistics!" Xiyeon rushed away from Sungyeon, before she was now completely gone from Sungyeon's sight.

Sungyeon sighed. She paused for awhile and closed her eyes, trying to think of something. Then all of a sudden, she opened her eyes in shock.

"Was it because of the coffee?"

. . .

"Where do we start?" Nayoung questioned.

"I guess we should start observing the experiments first?" Mingyu responded. "You took pictures of them, didn't you? Those are a great help."

"Yes, so I guess we can start now." Nayoung replied.

"Nayoung!" Someone called out from the entrance of the Chemistry lab Mingyu and Nayoung were together at alone.

"Oh, Xiyeon!" Nayoung waved back at her when Xiyeon waved at her. "Are you okay? Kyulkyung told me that you made a mistake in Math class and as from what I assumed, Sungyeon was worried and I got 3 missed calls from her just now. Poor Sungyeon but sorry, I was busy with Mingyu."

"I'm fine don't worry!" Xiyeon faked giggled.

Nayoung glared at her with daggers. "Have you written your name on the 'list'?"

"Nope. . . I haven't. Not yet." Xiyeon paused for awhile. "I thought I could try escaping. . ." Xiyeon looked at the floor, avoiding Nayoung's stare.

"Shit, Xiyeon. You're in the verge of danger." Nayoung seriously said, her voice sharp.

"I don't feel well right now either." Xiyeon groaned. "I admit it, I lied to Sungyeon."

Xiyeon collapsed on Nayoung, the older catching her with difficulty because of her weight, but when Mingyu witnessed the scene he tried to helped Nayoung and pull the girl from Nayoung.

"Xiyeon what's happening to you?" Nayoung questioned.

"I don't know. . ." Xiyeon murmured, voice plain and flat. "I feel like throwing up."

"Shit, go vomit on the sink!" Nayoung exclaimed.

Mingyu led Xiyeon to the laboratory's sink and let her vomit; but it wasn't a usual vomit a human normally have. It got Mingyu and Nayoung shocked too.

Xiyeon vomited out blood.

Until she passed out.

And collapsed to the floor, her body laying on it.

"Oh my god my friend," Nayoung internally panicked. "What had just happened?"

"I don't know either." Mingyu shrugged.

Nayoung shook her friend's body, and tried to feel her heart and wrist.

Nayoung slowly looked up at Mingyu, who was standing tall on the other side of Xiyeon's body.

"Her heart, it's not beating anymore. . ." Nayoung trembled. "And her wrist, there is no pulse. . ."

Mingyu widened his eyes in shock.

"Shit." Mingyu mumbled. "We need to report this or else no one would help us."

. . .