• chapter twenty ;

Wonwoo was basically glued to the chair in front of the vice principal, trying to hold back himself from quivering too much. He was fiddling with his own fingers on top of his lap, anxiety gushing over him like a strong wave. He was petrified with great fear. He wished he would've just encountered the principal instead of the vice since Wonwoo and so do everyone else believed that the school's principal was nicer than the vice, though we're literally talking about Seungcheol's father here.

Wonwoo was still freezing; not from the heavy cold air of the air conditioner nor it was because of the season. Oh well, maybe it was the vice principal's terrifying business-like behavior and his always serious dull but sharp orbs which Wonwoo tried hard to avoid meeting them.

"So, Jeon Wonwoo," the vice principal began, his voice monotone which actually scared Wonwoo. The young man even barely had to keep his quivering to himself. "You're reported of laying your hands on an object that is labeled top secret by this school."

Wonwoo raised an eyebrow, though not obviously so the old man wouldn't notice or else he'll had his head on a guillotine in an instant.

Oh. Wonwoo let out a soft breath. That book. They definitely noticed that I was the last student who visited the place and that book was lying somewhere in one of the tables. Damn, this school has keen senses.

"It was perfectly fine for you to stay in the library at such an hour for after all we nicely let you students be free last night especially with the celebration and dropped the curfew rule for just one night, but touching a top-secret item somewhere in the risked section? I think that's absolutely inappropriate, Mr. Jeon."

Wonwoo wanted to slap himself right there and then. Oh god, I should've wore my spectacles! I didn't see the risky section and top-secret sign anywhere in the library and just randomly got out a book from one of the shelves!

"I'm sorry, Mr. Han." Wonwoo stood up and bowed as an apology. "I'll be cautious and watchful next time. Please do anything with me as you would wish."

Speaking of which, what could happen to him next? Me? Tch of course I would die in an instant, as if this old man will spare me anyways. Wonwoo silently huffed to himself. So what happens to me now? Do I meet my cousin afterwards? Have my head cut off? Have my body burned at a stake?

"I wish I can assign a death preparation for you but since you're friends with the dean's son, I have no other choice but to spare you." The vice principal's dark pupils were certainly stabbing Wonwoo. If looks could kill, Wonwoo would've been dead right there on the spot in no time. "You can go now, Mr. Jeon. One more wrong act and I wouldn't hesitate to have you slaughtered."

Wonwoo gulped. He bowed again before turning his heel, heading to door and stepped out of the tensed room. Once the door behind him was finally close and he was now alone in the middle of the silent hallway since everyone had gone to their respective classes, he let out a deep sigh of relief.

He walked down the corridor, walking off to find his room and determine correctly what was his next class at that time. Along the way, he came across the library and his eye managed to catch a familiar figure inside through the small window glass of the entrance door.

Wonwoo squinted his eyes in confusion, wondering what the person was doing there instead of attending class. Most importantly, he was holding a restricted book as far as Wonwoo can see from a distance.

Wonwoo was about to twist the doorknob of the door and walk in just to talk to the male when the school ball rang, snapping him out of his thoughts.

Oh, must get to class.

Wonwoo ran off and headed to his next class, which unfortunately was History, a subject that is technically everyone's least.