• chapter thirteen ;

"Oh gosh, Jihoon! Finally!" Seungcheol exclaimed, groaning at the same time. "What took you so long? Lunch was about to finish but they gave us extra time. Maybe because of some additional preparations for the party."

Jihoon sat down beside Soonyoung, taking a bite of Soonyoung's bread the latter was holding without even knowing and noticing. "I have something to tell you guys." Jihoon tossed the keys back to Seungcheol, the latter catching it weakly with his left hand. He also handed Seungcheol's law homework to him. Everyone was looking at him, waiting for him to speak. Everyone was probably nervous and anxious about what Jihoon would tell them.

"So. . . I was really absent minded when I want to the dorm, and I came across the first floor, the first hallway of the building, when I was suppose to continue going upstairs."

"Our floor," Seungkwan quietly muttered.

"I was really surprised to see blood trails. It was from a dorm room I wasn't really expecting to assume where the blood trails would come from." Jihoon's voice sounded serious, making the atmosphere heavy.

"So, where did it come from?" Chan asked, curiousity taking over his body and mind.

"I think you guys wouldn't believe me." Jihoon took a deep breath before continuing. "Room 118."

Everyone got shocked, basically. Mingyu gaped in horror, Seokmin gasped, Soonyoung had his eyes wide. Jisoo dropped the spoon to the plate (making a loud metal-to-ceramic sound) when he was suppose to feed Seungcheol another spoon of the older boy's desert. Jeonghan jolted up from his daydream, Wonwoo shut his book close, Chan stopped chewing his bubblegum and almost swallowed it. Junhui almost dropped his phone into a bowl of soup right in front of him (which was Minghao's, actually), Minghao choked on his pasta. Seungcheol slammed his hand on the table, catching everyone's attention. Jisoo got worried because of his hand, but calmed down when he found out it was his non-dominant hand anyway. Both Hansol and Seungkwan felt seized.

"Why?" Seungcheol's voice sounded hoarse and serious, turning to the two young lads. "Care to explain, Seungkwan? Hansol?"

Seungkwan winced. "I swear we didn't do anything!"

Hansol nodded. "Besides, Seungkwan faints when he sees blood."

"But how?" Jihoon interrogated, quite confused. "Why?"

"Another case?" Seokmin mentioned, swallowing a spoon of his desert. While he did, Soonyoung attempted to take a bite from Seokmin's leftover buttered chicken without the latter noticing.

"Well, it can't be," stated Jihoon. "It sounds so weird, it needs to be solved."

"Other details you may care to share, Jihoon hyung?" Mingyu sipped on his apple juice which Jihoon found disgusting since his mind visualized the liquid as a blood after seeing trails of it on the dorm, as if Mingyu was a fantasy vampire.

"Well, I have one in mind actually, forgot to say it I guess." Jihoon said. "The blood trails were not made by a person, in fact it's not a handprint—I mean, foot print or shoe print. They were paws."

Seungkwan and Hansol gazed at Jihoon.

"Paws? We don't keep any animals in our room."

"I may happen to love dogs a lot but we don't have any pets hidden in our room." Seungkwan replied.

Eunwoo and Jieqiong, who happened to sit just near the boys without anyone noticing, perked their ears up.

"Excuse me?" Eunwoo spoke, 13 pairs of eyes falling on her.

"Oh you two were here all along, we didn't notice." Seungcheol casually said.

(A/N: Guys huhu I'm not really good in translating English to and from Tagalog so let's just say, if you at least understand, Seungcheol is like "Oh, andito pala kayo")

"It's okay. Besides, he didn't notice you all either. We thought we were sitting beside a bunch of male seniors." Jieqiong giggled, easing the atmosphere down.

"We heard you say paws and blood." Eunwoo started, changing the topic quick.

"Well yes," Jeonghan voiced. "Speaking of which, now that you are here, from what I know, you're the only pet keeper among the whole school."

"Yes, that's Jung Eunwoo for you." Jieqiong laughed. "When we were first invited to this school with a helicopter greeting us, she can't afford to leave her dog alone so she brought it along."

"Well, Nunu has been a big part of my life ever since my childhood." Eunwoo flipped her hair, acting all sassy. "And my love for animals happens to be limitless."

Wonwoo grinned cockily. "Including cats?"

Eunwoo glare at him scornfully. "Except cats."

"Okay okay, we were supposed to talk about a dog—I mean paws and blood. Dang, I get easily influenced these days, dunno what's making things really contagious for me, to be honest." Soonyoung sighed.

"Maybe it's a teacher's pet?" Jieqiong mentioned. "But I don't know any teacher who has a pet though."

"Excuse me, I know the school better than anyone else so—"

"Of course, because you're the son of the school principal." Jeonghan rolled his eyes.

Seungcheol silently grumbled. "And being that, I know well none of the teachers has pets."

"Not even Ms. Kang, the Zoology professor?" Junhui interrogated.

Seungcheol shook his head. "Not even her. Except she keeps some animals used for educational purposes on one of the laboratories. But they can't even get out of cages and jars, they're trapped well."

Wonwoo nodded. "We got it."

"So," Jieqiong scoffed. "It's just Nunu."

Eunwoo had her eyes wide. "Are you saying she's dead?"

. . .

WATCH OUT FOR MY VERKWAN MYSTERY/THRILLER/HORROR STORY THAT WILL BE PUBLISHED ON CHRISTMAS EVE