• chapter seven ;

It was already lunch break. Jihoon was busy being interviewed for his nomination as the music conservatory president, and Soonyoung was still on his dance class. So it was only Mingyu and Kyungwon who went to the basement. At first they were lost, before they found it before their eyes and noticed how dark the hallway was.

"Why is it too dark?" Mingyu complained.

"For your information, they don't have windows here." Kyungwon argued.

"Anyways, you should open this by now." Mingyu pointed to the locked doorknob of the basement's door, which he assumed next would Kyungwon unlock with her lock-picking skills.

Kyungwon bent to the doorknob level and kneeled, before getting out a simple black hairpin and started inserting it on the key hole.

Mingyu just watched her do it like a professional, until finally she successfully unlocked the door, letting it slightly open.

Both students crunched their noses as soon as they smelled the bad smell coming from inside the room.

"Why does it smell like... Blood?" Kyungwon muttered, having trouble breathing.

"It smells like dried blood to me." Mingyu mumbled.

They both finally entered inside and the smell just actually got stronger.

"I can't see anything!" Kyungwon whisper-shouted.

"Did you bring your phone?" Mingyu questioned. "I left mine at the dorm!"

"Fine, here." Kyungwon brought out her phone and handed it to Mingyu. Mingyu first opened the flashlight for them to be able to see. The sight before them was a disgusting one, and the two students' faces crumpled.

The room was painted with fresh red blood to be exact, and to make it creepier it was dramatically dripping. And on the floor were like a flood of fresh and dried blood, corpses were everywhere.

"This is actually the basement?" Mingyu trembled.

Kyungwon rolled her eyes. "What some lies, they've been lying all along that all they store here are old things and equipments."

"But, b-bodies?"

"Not bodies, but corpses." Kyungwon corrected.

"They bury students here?"

"Not bury, but throw away." Kyungwon assumed.

"Now this is getting me confused." Mingyu frowned. "We assume they throw dead students or any other dead school staffs, but what about the school's garden?"

Mingyu paused for awhile. "I heard from Jeonghan hyung that he have seen the Herbology professor bury bodies- I mean coffins on the school's garden."

"Only those who lived their lives properly here in this school gets to have a proper burial." Kyungwon said. "That's what I heard from Minkyung, saying that someone from her Pyschology class told her that."

Mingyu glanced at the female.

"W-We're done here, aren't we?" Mingyu didn't knew why, but he keeps shivering basically every few seconds. "I want to leave quick."

"We're not!" Kyungwon shot, grabbing her phone from Mingyu. "I still need to take pictures- Oh, look there it's Xiyeon." Mingyu noticed the emotion displayed on Kyungwon's face. Suddenly Kyungwon gave her phone back to Mingyu and told him, "Take pictures of these bodies while I examine Xiyeon.", before going to where Xiyeon's lifeless body was.

Mingyu didn't hesitate to do so, although he was really disgusted by the sight before him. He didn't even realize he had taken 10+ pictures, until Kyungwon came back to him and grabbed her own phone from his grip on it.

"Take better pictures, will you?!" Kyungwon complained.

"I am so disgusted so I couldn't! Sorry anyways," Mingyu huffed.

"She's really dead, Xiyeon." Kyungwon's voice sounded sharp and serious, but Mingyu can sense the sorrow and sadness by the tone of her voice.

"I'm sorry," Mingyu said out of nowhere. "Sorry about the loss of your friend."

Kyungwon shook her head. "What is there to apologize for? It's okay." Mingyu didn't say more and chose to stay silent.

"O-Oh, this looks a better angle," Yuha commented, taking a picture again, this time a better angle.

Mingyu nodded. "Oh yes it does-"

They silenced when they heard a flicker- It wasn't the camera of Kyungwon's phone, instead it was her phone shutting down.

"AAARRGGHH! I didn't even notice the battery!" Kyungwon grumbled.

Mingyu, being the positive guy he is, tried to cheer the girl up.

"At least we took a lot."

. . .