Sudden Turn of Events

Only a few more chapters and this story will be coming to an end.  I appreciate all of the votes and comments.  I hope you all have enjoyed the story, I have another one in the works, but I am trying to complete this before I dedicate time to the other story because i want it to be as good as this one.  Thanks again for all the love showed to me on this story.

Chapter 58 

Vincent took us to his favorite Italian restaurant over in Buckhead.  I had chicken fettucinie alfredo, mom had seafood alfredo and Vincent had steak gorgonzola-alfredo which by the way was delicious. I was so full I thought I would pop everything was so good.  While we ate we talked and laughed about my childhood and stories my mom told Vincent about me and my brother and sister.  The waitress came back to refill my sweet tea and Vincent’s and mom’s wine glasses but she started getting a little too friendly with Vincent, so I had to shoo her away.  Before she left she asked if anyone was interested in dessert while she was cleaning off the dirty dishes.  Mom and Vincent both declined, but me and lil miss greedy wanted to have dessert. 

“I would like to have a slice of cheese cake with the cherry sauce on the side please.”

“Nikki are you serious?  You just had a large helping of pasta, breadsticks and a large salad and you want dessert; really babe you are going to be sick if you try to eat that right now.”

“Silly I am not gonna eat that now, I am gonna save it for when I get home and eat it before I go to bed.”

“Ok sweetheart.”

The waitress brought back my cheesecake and gave the ticket to Vincent.  He handed her the credit card and she quickly took the card and walked away.  When she brought the credit card back she smiled at me and waited for Vincent to sign the receipt and she told us to have a great night and she left.  Vincent stood up and said he was going to go get the car and he would meet us at the door.

 “Wait…can you help me up?”

 “What’s wrong, too full to stand up mama?”

 “No, I can’t breath, my stomach hurts and I think I peed on myself.”

 “Oooh it’s starting again, I need to push, I need to push!!!”

“Somebody get on the phone and call an ambulance, tell them is’t Dr. Vincenct Taricone’s wife that needs the ambulance here. Lorraine get Nikki’s phone and call Dr. Daniels and ask her to meet us at the hospital.”

“Ok, Nikki baby where is your phone?”

“It’s in my purse on th…the ssssss…side of myyyyy ohhhhh purse.”

“Ok baby…calm down and just keep breathing with Vincent.”

“Nikki listen to me ok baby…I need you to breath in through your nose and out through your mouth, come on baby…breath in through your nose and out through your mouth…good girl.  Let’s do it again; breath in through your nose and out through your mouth…breath in through your nose and out through your mouth…you’re doing fine. Let’s just keep going.”

“Where the hell is the ambulance…someone get back on the phone and get them here now!!!”

“They just pulled up sir…tell them to get in here now, my wife needs to get to the hospital.”

“Here is the doctor and his wife, what can we do to help?”

“Just move all of these people out of here until we get Mrs. Taricone on the stretcher.”

“Dr. Taricone how far along is your wife?”

“She is 24 weeks and it’s too soon for her to have this baby, but her water has broke and we need to hurry and get her to the hospital.”