Chapter 10

The waiting was going on for half an hour until Su returned with a bag of food, a bunch of other items qand a map stuck to her belt. Sitting down next to Tigress she  said, "That was easier than I thought. Those gorillas were sleeping really deep."

Tigress blinked. "You just sneaked into the camp like that?"

"Yep. The alcohol knocked those idiots out." She sighed at the tiger's confiused look. "Don't tell me you can't smell it."

Still just a questioning look.

"Whatever. Breakfast is ready", she said, pushing the bag over to Tigress.

The tiger master smiled a little. "Breakfast? It's past lunch time."

"Doesn't really matter which meal we are eating? I know I personal don't care as long as I'm eating."
Su let herself fall back in the snow, patiently waiting for Tigress to take her part of the food.
The snow leopard never was the person to eat first. She'd always let her siblings take as much food as they wanted, even if it meant that she had to stay hungry. Sure, the villian lifestyle did bring enough money but they often had to starve during missions. Before that, she used to stay hungry because of how little time they had for meals.
But now, she had more or less all time of the world and yet, she was digging the food into her.

"I'm not giong to take it away from you, you know", Tigress asked, carefully watching her while eating.

Su put the empty bowl down and swallowed beforre answerng with, "Bad habit of mine. I got used to it as a kid and could never get rid of it." She jumped up and walked over ot a nearby tree.

The tiger master sighed "Now what?" She raised an eyebrow when Su climbed up and sat down on a high, not very stabil looking brunch. "You are going to fall down from there."

Looking over her shoulder, the snow leopard smiled down at her. "If I shall fall down, fell free to laugh about me." She turned her head back around and her smile insteantly faded. She was worried that there could be someone following her. The first night, Su just shook the feeling off and told herself she was only being paranoid but now, she simply couldn't let it go. Sure there was nobody around and the snow leopard couldn't see anyone following them in the city and yet, she was worried. The question was just 'who could possibly be after them?' "Tigress?", she called down.

The response was a quiet chuckle. "What? Are you calling me because you're going top fall down and want me to watch it happen?"

"I just wanted to ask if you have any enemies that would want you dead." She jumped down, landing on all fours. "Or at least some that would have enough monay to send assassins after you."

Tigress blinked. "I- I don't kow. I mean...there are surely some people that would want me dead but I couldn't name you one. Why?"

Shaking the snow off her paws, she walked back to the tiger master. "Oh it's nothing." She looked up to the sky before adding, "We must keep going."

"I suppose we set up a camp for the night like yesterday?"

"Precisely. But tomorrow, we will be taking a day off and move at night."

Tigress blinked. "Why would we do that? I'd only lose time."

"We need to find out if moving at night is better then moving at day or not", Su simply said and started walking off with the tiger master imidiatly following.

"Listen, you as a snow leopard have no problem climbing the mountains but I do. "

There was a moment of silence. Su didn't expect her to admit this problem- to be fair, neither did Tigress. So now the snow leopard had to find a way to convince her of agreeing to her idea but how? Sure, she could just go ahead and say 'You can see in the dark so there is no problem at all' or something around that line but she knew it wouldn't work. "If that's so then-..." She stopped herself form canceling the plan when an idea came to her. Maybe she could convince Tigress like she used to convince Wing and Wan when they we're little. "...we will do this together." Saying it to her like this sounded...worse than in her head...so Su quickly added "I could assist you with every step and make sure it will be totally safe."

In the same moment on Wu Dang Mountain

Wan keept her eyes at the sky while her sister was making food. Sighing, she leaned back a little. "Do you think this place is safe?", she asked, looking over her shoulder.

"Of course it is." Smiling, Wing handed a bowl of soup to her. "It was Su's idea after all."

"I-I know but...isn't this hiding spot too...obvious?"

Her sister laughed. "That's why we are here. Nobody would search for the Wu Sisters on Wu Dang because it would be too obvious. " She moved closer, gentely pullin Wan into a hug. "You know that Su surly double checked this at least a thousand times. You have nothing to worry about."

"It's just..." Wan's eyes went back to the sky. "What if something happens to our sister before she get's here?"

"What if she could set him free on the way?", Wing  whispered.

"D-do you mean...?"

"They could keep each other safe."

Wan put her bowl down before crosing her arms. "She is traveling with someone from the Jade Palace."

"That why she'd need him."

"She can't release him! If anyone would see T-", she snapped.

"Don't you dare to say that!" Wing grolwed a little but that stopped as soon as it came. Her sisters was speaking out what was crystal clear. Even if Su had to everything to get him back, there was no way it was possible as long as one of the masters was around her. Still, Wing believed, that their sister would manage it. She believed that somehow, she would find a way. "We need to find out who she's with." 

Her sister raised an eyebrow, still havin a skeptical look on her face. "Why would that be important?"

"You know exactly", was the answer. "Maybe she could simply release him and get that person out of the way."

"Su wouldn't do such a simple thing." Wan let herself fall on her back, waiting for her sister to make some short of comment.

Wing chuckled a little. "But Tai would."