Chapter 16

"I should be thinking about how to help Tai Lung and not...not doing this!" She sighed. Things needed to change- and they needed to change as soon as possible. They needed to get going after the blizzard ended and reduce the stops. Su was running out of time but the list of things she still needed to do was still growing. She turned her back to the entrence of the cave. Fortunatly, the strom was slowly passing by. At least one good thing about this night.  Still, the deep snow could become more or less of a problem- more for Tigress than for herself. Hopefully, the possibility of an avalanche was fairly low.

A quiet wimper interrupted her train of thoughts. Looking down at the striped feline, she noticed that although her eyes were closed, countless emotions crossed her face. Su felt how she shivered before she burried her face in the snow leopard's fur. Looks like I'm not the only one having problems to get a good night rest. The only question was, what was she dreaming about?
For some reason, Su froze when Tigress hugged her waist, holding onto her very tightly. The snow leopard felt how blood rose up into her cheeks. What was that feeling? She usually didn't mind closeness at all. But Tigress never hugged her before, right? Although, this wasn't a real hug now was it? Su herself snuggeled closer to her sisters if she was near them while having a nightmare. Tigress' action had no meaning at all.
Suddenly, her train of thoughts twisted drastically. Should she wake her up or let her be? The snow leopard, knowing how nightmares could eventually get, wanted to help but her action could just make it worse. 

There was an other wimper. Much louder this time and followed by wincing.

Sighing, Su returned the hug. She held Tigress close, softly stroking her back.
Eventually, the shivering slowly stopped. So did the wimpers. She could feel the stiped feline relax and so did she. Sighing again, Su closed her eyes. I have the bad feeling that this is going to be a long night.

After a while, she eventually stopped stroking Tigress' back, simply holding her close with both arms. Her body was surprisingly cold- it didn't matter that much though. It would be gone in a second. The snow leopard softly gasped when her chest was nuzzeled again but still. she kept her  eyes closed. Then there was the annoying sound of her own purring. 

Oh how jealous she was that Tigress didn't have to worry about such a thing. That and her roar. Su would hae loved to be able to roar. She tried to learn how to imitate the sound but, if she was really honest, she failed on all levels. Maybe that was one of the reasons she wanted to hear Tigress roar that badly. She never heard that sound before but she had a general imagination of how it would have sounded. It would have been mch mor powerful than some simple battle cry. Thinking about it, Su would have loved to see the tiger master on the battle field. No. She would have loved to fight by her side. Tearing down entire armies. They would be so powerful! Su shook it off. She shouldn't have been getting her hopes up too high since from what she heard, Master Tigress wasn't the type to let her voice be heard and rather holding back.. 'The silent assassin type' was how Su recalled the Dragon Warrior himself describe her. And from, what she saw until now, she found that quiet fitting.

Although, the sleeping tiger she was holding in her arms didn't seem to have what it takes to be an assassin but who was she to judge? Maybe she did."Anyone can be pushed to kill", was what her mother kept telling, "Honorable Master or just a simple villager, deep down we are all capable of ending a life."  Back then, she was convinced it was just something meaningless carbadge that her mother used to justify whenever she ended a life. Sure, she wasn't a killer for hire but for a master, she murdered a great amount of people. Not just people on the battlefield.

Slowly opening her eyes again, she shakly let out the breath she was holding in. Su turned her head to the entrence of the cave, slightly surprised that the blizzard stopped completely. Theoretically, they could get up and start they way. Maybe that was what they should have been doing. The snow leopard knew Tigress wanted to get going very badly so it would be for the best. Frimly shaking her shoulders, she whispered in her ear, "Tigress...wake up."

The striped feline just burried her face in Su's fur, groaning in annoyance. "What is it."

"The storm passed", was the response. "We should get going."

"Since when do you want to get going so badly?" Her voice was slightly muffed and quiet anyway, sounding incredibly tired.

"Apologise. In that case, we just wait until you have sleep enough", Su whispered in her ear. She noticed how the fur on Tigress' neck was standing to the edge. It was probably just her own breath tickling the ariar.

Tigress nodded, snuggeling closer. "Just...wake me up as soon as the sun rises."

They left at sun rise indeed. The snow was a lot deeper than the past days but they wouldn't be on the mountain that long anyway. However it was still very hard to move forward- especially for Tigress. Su on the other hand had close to no problem after she took of her shoes and gloves. She ran around in the snow, seeming to have the time of her life, greatly confiusing the tiger master. But what was even more confiusing to her was that Su bound one of her gloves around her right lower arms.

She's hiding that claw mark.

Su peeked over her shoulder, smiling at her. She looked so...happy. But why? How she could just switch from one emotion to an other was almost fascinating. Suddelly, she spun around, ranning back to Tigress. She stopped just in time before she would have bumbed into her, grinning for ear to ear when the tiger master took a step back.

Tigress on the other hand didn't find it funny at all. To be honest, she was rather annoyed by teh new behavior. "Are you drunk or something?", she asked in a harsh tone, crossing her arms over her chest.

"No. Although there is alcohol in the bag."

"What?!"

"Calm down. It's just there to disinfect wounds. I didn't drink a drop of it", Su stated, slightly rolling her eyes. After a second, she added, "Or at least not yet."

The striped feline let out a deep growl. "Don't you eve think about it."

"Maybe you should take a sip. It would end your grumpiness."

"Oh that's it!"

And there she was, the great Master Tigress chasing after the big bad Su Wu, who dared to make a joke. Thinking about it, it was rediculess but despite that, the two felines slowly started to enjoy it.