Chapter 23

AN.: Story telling will be shown using this instead of "this" Also, I hate author's notes. Whatever enjoy the new chapter love y'all <3
-----------------------------------------

There was a long pause of silence as the two felines focused their attention at the stars, not sure what else there was to say after that comment.
Even Su was out of words.
Unsure what to do, she simply spoke out the first thing that came to her mind- which she would slightly regret later on.

"Will we stay like this after your mission ended?" Oh how she hated the desperate feeling she had. But what Su hated even more was that she was letting it show.

Tigress gave her a questioning look before turning her head back to the sky with a sigh. "I-... I don't know. What even are we at this point?", she asked, her voice hardly louder than a whisper.

"Well we...we are-", Su cut herself off, knowing whatever she'd say wouldn't be as good as it would need to be. So she lied. "I'm not really sure."

"We are supposed to be enemies", the stipend feline groaned. "And yet, here we are cuddling."

A rough chuckle interrupted her before she could say anything else. "Oh Tigress. My dear, little, naive Tigress", Su started, shaking her head a little, "We may have slightly different standing points but that doesn't mean we are enemies. Why would you ever think that?" She reached up, getting a soft hold of her companions face in order to restore eye contact.

"You know what I mean", Tigress murmured against her paw with closed eyes as she leaned into the touch. "We are on two different sides of the law. You are the greatest criminal mastermind in all China and I'm a master of Kung Fu."

Su smiled at the remark. "Greatest criminal mastermind in all China? Mmmm you flatter me so much", was the joking response before her voice took on a more serious tone. "But if you really want us to be...something, we could try it. Even if it seems irrational to you."

"But how?", Tigress asked with the same desperate expression written across her face which her kitten had a couple of minutes ago.

But unfortunately, there was no direct answer. "Well, you know, at times like this, you need to act on what your heart is telling you."

"My, my I didn't know you could say such a very deep", the striped feline giggled.

Grinning, Su reached up to cares her face. "At least it made you smile and that's all I need." She quietly sighed and shook her head a bit. "Before you waste your breath on commenting, I know. I am a selfish jerk."

"The worst of the worst", Tigress added with a smirk.

Su nuzzeled her chest again. "Everything for you, my dear",she purred, "All you need to do is ask and I'll do anything for you."

The tiger master needed to let that statement go through her head, needed to understand why it made her smile the way she did. By now she gave up the fight with her blush a long time ago. "Y-you know", Tigress hesitantly started, "there is...one thing you could do." Biting her lip, she looked back at the spotted feline on her arms.

"And what would that be?"

Tigress needed to take a deep breath before responding, embarrassed by what she about to say "I-I doubt I can catch any sleep tonight so...could you maybe...?"

"You don't want to be left alone, do you?", Su reassured herself, waiting for a nod. "Guess I am not the only one having issues like that then." However the snow leopard was quick to change the subject after she saw the sadness on Tigress' face. "So? What are we going to talk about?"

"W-well, to be honest, I don't know."

Probbed up on one elbow, the snow leopard movies away a bit with a deep chuckle. She rested her chin on her hand before whispering, "Want to hear the story how my sister and I took on the entire Jackal Nation armed with nothing more than a pair of chopsticks?"

Tigress blinked in disbelief. "You took on the Jackle Nation....with chopsticks? You got to be kidding me."

"Hey I work with what I'm given", Su simply bit out, smirking as the curiosity on the tiger masters face was growling.
Although she wouldn't usually say it out loud, Su loved telling stories about the battles she and her sisters won- unfortunately there aren't too many occasions she could tell stories. So she was going to use this one.

The tiger master giggled a little when Su leaned closer. Softly pushing her away, Tigress rolled her eyes, "Alright. Give me all the details. Because I wanna know how my kitten came to the idea of using chopsticks as weapons."

"Mmmm your kitten has made weapons of way weirder things", the snow leopard purred, laying her head back down on Tigress's shoulder.

"Oh do tell."

Su rolled onto her back, still staying in her companion's arms. With her eyes now focused at the stars, the snow leopard started with her story.

It was a starless, rainy night. We were miles away from the next city and in the need of shelter. The good things was that we found what we were searching for in some dead grassland. The bad things however was that we happened to be on jackal territory

Su paused, laughing a little.

Back then, we were new in the -ehem- business and didn't know any better. So we walked right into a trap.
Bothered by the heavy rain, we walked in into the sort of bar that was standing there. Everything seemed perfectly fine at first. We ordered food and planed to stay for a little, using ordering drinks as an excuse for being there.
However, I soon realized something was off. As far as I remember it started with the jackal who stepped up behind me and then all of a sudden we were surrounded.
It wasn't hard to make out which of them were the leaders- the one behind me and the one at the fornt of the circle that was around us.
They were the first that needed to go. After that, it was a piece of cake.

"Just like that?", Tigress asked in disbelief.

Nodding, Su turned back to her. "Well it's not the smartest move the stand in the circle with the Wu Vortex in the center."

The tiger master raised and eyebrow, still with a questioning look on her face. "And what about the chopsticks?"

"Oh right. I threw one the the jackle behind me and the other one at the jackle at the front."

"Doesn't seem all too effective", Tigress noted. However as soon as she saw the sadistic grin on the snow leopard's face, she wish she hadn't said anything.

Su chuckled a little. "It is if you aim for the eye."