Chapter 17

After a while, Su slowed down, letting Tigress catch up with her. She could hear a pushed down pant, not that it was surprising. It was obvious the great Master Tigress wouldn't show any exhaution. Eventually, the snow leopard stopped running completely, only to have the striped feline jumping at her. And so, Su was pushed down into the snow, being able to do nothing but to look up at a very pissed tiger. Yet instead of regreting what she did, she was... quite amused. "Well, well. Are you satisfied now?", she asked, smirking at Tigress.

The answer was flat and nothing the spotted feline couldn't see comming. "I would be more satisfied if you would lay face first in the snow!"

"We'll get there eventually. But for now, would you mind to -ehem- get off of me?" Before Tigress could move an inch, she added, " Or do you like it like this?"

"In your dreams!", Tigress growled, jumping up. She walked away with crossed arms, murmuring something Su couldn't really catch.

Neither did she understand why she was so bitter but she choose not to care for now. Su brushed the snow off before following Tigress, smiling to herself a little. There was that feeling again when she caught up with the striped feline. It wasn't as strong as it was last night but it was there. And some part of her felt like had to stop imidiatly. "So...uh...", Su started in order to distract her mind, rubbing the back of her head. For the first time in forever, she had no idea what to say.

Tigress looked at her from the corner of her eyes with only mild interest. "Yes?" Whatever was coming, she didn't care about in.  

"Why do you always use that stuopid dream conter anyways?" The snow leopard mentally faceplamed, whishing she would have just kept her mouth shut. Was that really the best she could say? Su needed something clever and she needed it now. So with a faked chuckle, she added, "Or do you just want me to go into detail about my dreams?" There is no way I'm getting out if this.

The response came with a low growl. "I don't care about your dreams."  

"Very well than why won't you just talk about your dreams?", Su suggested with a smile.

There was a hint of curiosity in her voice Tigress caught on. She couldn't udertand it- but maybe it was time to stop questioning the spotted feline. "You shouldn't care either", she simply said, picking up the pace to walk away from her. She didn't feel too interested in sharing her dreams with anyone, especially not with Su. Tigress sighed, looking down at her feet. On the other hand, it would have been better if she told her and she knew it. After all, it was the snow leopard who she held on last night. "Look, I don't have anything nice to tell you...", she explained, stopping in the snow. Tigress didn't know if she was ready to just turn into an open book. Taking a deep breath, she was about to finish what she started but...

A paw on her shoulder interrupted her. "Don't worry, neither do I." Su's hand moved onto her back, stroking it softly. She gave the tiger master a light push in order to get her moving again. "You don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to I just...want you to know that I'll always be here to listen to you."

Her voice, her words, they were so sweet but...strange. All of a sudden, Su's behavior changed from teasing to carring. And it was all too good to be true. Tigress stepped away imidiatly, whispering "As if."

Before she could storm away, the snow leopard took hold of her wrist. "Stay, please." Despite her words, Su didn't sound needy or desperate. She pulled the striped feline back to herself. "You don't need to talk to me just...stay by my side." After a second, she quickly added "B-because of safety reasons of course." Yet again she got the urge to slap herself. 'For safety reasons'? Really? Did your goddamn IQ drop to five?! 

"I think I'll be fine without you, thank you very much." And with that, Tigress forcefully pulled her arm away, growling sligthly.

Then there was silence for the rest of the day. No conversation. No empty words. Nothing. It was as if the two felines were muted. Tigress simply did not feel like talking but there was most likely only a low possibility for a normal conversation regardeing how Su was swallowed by her own thoughts. She walked around blindly with a blank look on her face and glassy eyes, not keeping any attention at her surroundings. Once in a while she would form her hand in a fist or move her lower lip slightly as if she was having some weird monolog. But Tigress wasn't any better.

Just that she was actually keeping attention to where she was stepping.

Her eyes traced back to the spotted feline. for some reason. Maybe beause it became tirering to only look at the snow. Yet again, Su's lips were moving and this time Tigress could hear a quiet whisper. She couldn't catch everything but she could make out the word 'brother'. Eying the snow leopard, cleared her troath.

Su's ears picked up a little but she didn't make the efford of turning to Tigress. Instead she only gave her a quiet "Hmm?".

"We need to pick up the pace", she simply said.

The snow leoaprd blinked, not really sure what she meant. "Do you feel followed or what?", Su joked, trying to hide she had absolutely no clue what was going on.

Tigress just stormed away, growling, "Oh shut up." Su didn't come running after her. It confiused her. She brushed it off, trying to convince herself that she liked being left alone. So she kept marshing forewards, not looking back.