Chapter 24

The story telling session lasted the entire night, making Tigress -quiet literally- drag Su out of bed before they could continue their way. Eventually, she even started to regret making her kitten stay up all night and tell her those stories. The two felines were left traveling at an even slower pace than usually - but the morning didn't start off entirely bad.

For the first time, Tigress made an effort to be as nice as possible. Laughed about Su's jokes, stayed close by her side, smiled a lot more than usual.

"Can you tell me another story?", the striped feline asked, softly leaning against her partners shoulder. By now, she didn't mind that she sounded like some little, curious kitten.

Su simply waved the request off for a the time being. "I'll tell you something as a bedtime story if you want but we need to stop for now." She looked back at Tigress, smirking at the slightly disappointed expression written all over her face. Stepping closer, she cupped her cheek. "Now, now. Don't give me that look. I will tell you as many stories as you want but for the time being, I'm taking you out for dinner."

Unconsciously leaning into the touch, Tigress blushed at the remark and as the spotted feline caressed her cheek with her thumb. "Sounds like a plan to me."

"Mmmm good", Su purred. She softly gasped Tigress' hand before continuing down the muddy path. "And who knows, maybe I even take you out for dancing."

"Oh really?"

"Yes indeed. Our last dance ended way too quick for my taste."

----------------------------------------------------

The two felines sat in a small restaurant at a table in the corner, blocking out the world around them as they only focused on the other's company as they waited for their food.
Su took hold of Tigress' paw once again.
"Such a lovely view", she purred, "I really am damn lucky to have it."

The tiger master raised and eyebrow, scanning the feline in front of her. "You are facing the wall", she simply bit out.

With a deep chuckle, Su shook her head a little before explaining that, "I meant you."

By now, Tigress has lost interest in fighting off her blush for some reason. She liked the proud smirk her kitten would get everytime it happened.
"Why do you always have to do this to me?", the tiger master breathlessly asked.

"Because I-"

An unfamiliar voice interrupted their moment. Glazing to her left, Su could make out it was the waitress bringing them the ordered food and wine. She was a snow leopard as well, dressed in tight black pans and a slim, low cut vest which made a big patch of white fur on her chest stand out. Placing the table on the desk, she focused her attention on Su.

And it made Su become highly alerted all of the sudden, not that she was letting it show of course. But the small tattoo of a peach blossom she was seeing on the other leopards shoulder had her come to a conclusion.

"You two must be new around here."

Su raised an eyebrow. "What makes you think that? We lived her for years", she challenged.

The waitress leaned down to her, purring, "I think I'd remember a pretty face such as yours."

By now, a certain anger started to rise in Tigress' chest and the wink her kitten received or the hand that was put on her should. Was she jealous? Well, she honestly had to say that she was indeed.

Su was her kitten.

It was her who should be touching her and winking at her not some random leopard.