Target 1

Part 1

◄►

A year of ear-wrecking and eye-cringing auditions had taken its toll on his body. He has dark circles under and around his eyes. His throat was dry from talking too much, asking questions that are never answered properly and greeting ladies that don't know the true meaning of an audition. A year of hell and all he got was pain, rather than relief that his girlfriend, who broke up with him two months before the scheduled shooting, will be replaced of her role in his music video.

He went out of his room, dressed in a fashionable (and decent) attire that all have envied and walks straight to the kitchen, to make himself a sandwich before heading out to the audition site. In front of him, where the living room is, his best friend was watching reruns of Friends. "What are you doing, Youngbae?" He asks as he pours himself a glass of water.

"Watching reruns of Friends of course." Youngbae answers as he presses the next button to watch the next episode.

Jiyong arches a brow, questioning the sudden urge of his friend to watch the show. "That's unusual of you."

"Where are you going today?" Youngbae says, changing the topic smoothly, and he had successfully avoided a conversation that was somehow about to unfold.

"YG Building." Jiyong replies quickly as he presses the cheese on his sandwich, not pressing any further. "The last auditions are scheduled today."

Youngbae continues, "And? If not?"

"Then YG will be the one choosing the lead actress." Jiyong answers, definitely. "—which, of course, I don't want to happen. At all costs, I want to choose from the ladies today."

"And? Even if they're not on par with Kiko?"

I'm sorry.

Jiyong refuses to answer, shaking the thoughts of Kiko put of his damned mind, and quietly puts the sandwich in his mouth. A brief recollection of her could only worsen his heart.

"See?" Youngbae says, finally finding the last episode. "We just have the same feeling."

◄►

The whole building looked like it had underwent an earthquake. People are running everywhere, holding either a stack of papers or folders, and they are all panicking. Several artists are already helping out with the staff to make their jobs easier, but it was too much work since it is, after all, the last and grandest of the auditions that will happen within the year. As soon as the elevator doors open to the third floor, Jiyong is greeted by his manager, who was holding a clipboard in his arm. He looked worse than him since after all, he was the only one who got--in actuality, no sleep.

"It's up to you what time the auditions will start." The manager starts, keeping up with his pace. "Today's audition is not like the others. YG sangjanim has put the task of choosing the last member of 2NE1 to you, who will be introduced through your music video."

"Then?"

"Teddy, Kush and Choice will be in the audition site. After the audition, you told me to free an hour or two so you can visit the trainees." His manager continues. "After the visitation, if ever you have chosen the lead actress, you will have a meeting with the director at 6 p.m. So you will have about 3 to 4 hours of vacant time, depending on the audition itself."

"Place a schedule on my vacant time that I'd be going home to accompany Youngbae." Jiyong says, stopping for a moment to let his manager write on his clipboard, and to avoid him from falling over his two feet.