5.0 《he's back》

After a while thinking, I am interrupted by a pound on the door.

"It's Liza! Open up!" She cries.

I get up and open the door. As soon as it opens she pulls me into a hug, which causes me to cry.

We sit on my couch.

"I don't deserve any of you." I mumble.

"You deserve us and so much more, Hailey. Forget about Alex." She says while a tear runs down her face.

"This happened to me before and Alex was the only one who could stop it." I mumble again, feeling like i'm going crazy.

Before she could respond, there is another knock. Liza opens it to find David. He marched over to me.

"Once I find him, I'm kicking his ass." He sits down, and types on his phone furiously.

"Hailey, what are you talking about? This has happened before?" Liza questions. This causing David to stop what he was doing.

"My dad left when I was 17 and I couldn't handle it. I started to go nuts. Alex was the only one who could break it." I explain quietly.

We sit in silence as they soak up the information. David suddenly picks up his phone which had just rung.

"Jesus Christ." He mumbles, running out and taking Liza with him. Leaving me alone.

-

David's POV:

I drag Liza to my apartment because Dom had just texted me that Alex was back.

"ALEX!" I scream, as we walk in.

"David, let me explain." He says.

"No! Hailey is completely heartbroken and going crazy! Did you loose all your brain cells these past weeks? You need to go make things right with Hailey before anybody! She lives in 837." I shout at him.

He runs out, hopefully to Hailey's.

-

"Hailey! Open up!" I hear as a knock on my door appears. My eyes immediately fill with water as I run to the door.

I hesitantly open the door. He reaches in for a hug but I reject him.

"Just because you came back, doesn't make it right." I choke out.

"I know, just let me explain." He begs. I nod, crossing my arms.

"I got scared, the truth is, I like you Hailey. More than a friend. And I just left to figure things out. I didn't mean to hurt you." He says, tears dotting his eyes.

"I used to feel the same way, but I don't think it will work." I cry as my heart breaks even more.

"Hailey, no." He cries.

"I think you should leave, I need some time Alex. You abandoned me, it happened again. I just can't contain myself. Tell the others that I need some time and space." I cry, shoving him outside my door and locking it.

The rest of the night, I am spammed with messages and phone calls.

To get my mind off of things, I sign up for a dance class.

I also record a song for my YouTube channel and explain that I'm going through some stress, but I will be okay.

Words: 500+
Published: August 15, 2017