Part Two: We are All The Mouse

King Tut and his paramour, Shu, the last free goddess of the Egyptian pantheon sat their thrones in the large chamber in the heart of the pyramid. SC and Griffin had been invited to settle themselves at the seat of the thrones, atop the great dais. For a cat like Griffin, who believed firmly in his divine feline ancestry, this was indeed a high honour. The fact that Shu had shown the grey tabby from Earth favour by picking him up and stroking his soft fur, was just the cream on top. In fact he couldn't wait to tell his friends back home that he, Griffin J Cat was ... as Shu had told him earlier 'Beloved of the Gods of Egypt.'

Tutankhamun raised his sceptre. 'Hare, my brother, you speak for the prisoners?'

Future Hare stepped forward and bowed, his white/grey ponytailed hair swishing back and forth. 'I do your majesty. For Pegasus at least and Peg vouches for Icarus.'

'What of the other?'

'Cupid is under lock and key. It was only my friend and his friend that turned on the Mythicals and request sanctuary. I think you should hear them out.'

The king nodded and raised his sceptre again. 'Behold the Eye of Horus which my beloved rescued before the fall of Heliopolis and the destruction of her kin. None may stand before it's gaze and tell untruths. With this divine rod, did I, Tutankhamun, last of my line, test my brother The Hare before I received his people. The Hare is at heart a pure soul and thus I welcomed him as my brother and in that spirit, I will hear the noble beast that stands before me. Pegasus ... approach the presence.'

Both Hare's nodded their encouragement and Pegasus began to tell his story.

He told of how 5 years earlier he had sojourned into the Olympian Realm and was there when the forces of darkness attacked. Certain remarks were later removed from the record, as they offended the king's sensibilities.

'Damn, sire ... somea them Greek goddesses was freaky deeky, know what Ah'm sayin? Hare, help a brother out?'

While one eyed Future Hare shook his head, the Hare we all know rapidly cut in. 'Pegasus, the king doesn't need to know the details of why ...'

'Hell Hare, they was all at it. Zeus was the worst so I'ma gittin me some a that goddess action an believe me, once they went black them bitches don't never go back.'

Both Hares looked embarrassedly at the pure white winged stallion, despite knowing what he was like. 'Peg, you're not black and ...'

'Black's a statea mind son.'

'Skip forward to the invasion.'

So Pegasus told them how the realms were over-run and how a rag tag band of gods, heroes and mythical creatures from Olympus, joined by other celestial refugees, ended up here in the desert. For about a year they were safe and hidden but then emissaries of Loki found them and a deal was struck.

'Well I guess ya heard all about that, but thing was, mosta us Mythicals jus went about it half hearted. We was fine about turnin in the odd scav and occasionally a hardliner like ol Cupe ... er Cupid, that is. Pardon my informality yer maj ... er king. Well anyway, Cupid was the main instigator chasin you folks down, but our leaders mostly kept it real and shut that shit down. But then things changed ...'

Pegasus cast his head down sadly before continuing. 'No matter what you thought of us, we were just tryin ta get by but back north and east, a buncha jive turkeys that weren't right in the head even be'fo this enda days shit ... well they was OG an got wit the program. So eventually Loki sends this guy ... had his own kingdom a thousand or so miles east.'

'A king you say?' interjected Tut.

'Nah yer maj, that's just what they called his land. He was more your ... well hell, this mofo was richer than McDuck, lived in the biggest damn castle ya ever did see, but it was more like ... Hares, help a brother out? Sorta like your boy The Tortoise?'