im not gone/ tree bros

evan's p.o.v

this was all my fault. i wrote that stupid "therapeutic" letter. i was the one that couldn't speak up properly. this was all on...me.

"hey evan, i know you blame all of this on yourself but this is connor we're talking about. he probably did it for the attention" i looked over to see zoe talking shit about her brother. she was the one i had a crush on but...i was slowly loosing interest.

"i-i-it's my fault zoe...this was all my fault...i can n-never forgive myself" she put her hand on my shoulder and i swatted it off. i am slowly getting irritated over my stupidity and lack of sleep.

"just wanted to help you out evan, you don't need to be so salty over this...ill give you your space" she stood up and walked away as i looked back. she's something else but...she just didn't get connor. no one got connor. not even myself.

connor just signed my cast to make it seem like we had friends. i didn't exactly get it at the time but looks like im owned by him. i have his initials. a dead boys initials.

i sighed as i stood up and walked home wanting nothing more than some delicious herbal tea and to be in my cozy warm outfit. with the broken arm i look hideous in them but it does add style to see connor's name on it.

i walked past the gates and saw the day slowly get darker and darker. i hated the night. it was pretty mysterious and dark but i prefer the sunlight.

ring ring

i jumped up and quickly looking at the caller id to see "mom✨"

"hello, mom?"

"oh hun i was worried about you!"

i let out a low chuckle as i went closer and closer to my home.

"don't worry mom ill be there in about 10 minutes im almost there"

"okay honey! once you get home you can make your tea and i'll have your room ready"

"mom you don't have to do that your presence in the house is enough for me! let's watch a film when i get home and then maybe sing a song?"

"woah evan you sound so confident this is wonderful honey of course"

i blushed as my mom pointed it out. it only ever comes out when my mum and i have time together. i wish it could have happened when talking to connor while he was yelling at me and pushed me to the floor. 

"alright mom almost there ill see you at the house bye"

"bye evan! i love you"

she hung up as i smiled in glee for once. my mum is there for me when she can. she is usually never there since she worked as a nurse. she is a life saver.

i turned right to the very familiar street seeing some kids playing soccer. i remember looking out the window at age 10 wanting nothing more than a game of soccer. every kid thought i was weird since i talked fast and was really awkward. those were the dark times.

it's the dark times all over again. i grab my keys from my pocket and slowly unlock the door to reveal my mother on the couch.

"evan!" she leaped out of her seat and gave me a big hug. i hugged her back and smiled. she is the best mom ever.

"i have our tea ready want to watch a movie in your room?" i nodded softly as she gave me my herbal tea and lead me to the bedroom. she opened the door and the room already had its fairy lights on.

"woah you planned this didn't you" she blushed as i sat down on the floor and saw the tv already on.

"i rarely spend any time with my little guy so i wanted to make it special" i wrapped my unbroken arm around her and she kissed my cheek. i love her.