disneyland / tree bros

i went to disneyland recently and saw so many same sex couples and i was like...i wanna write about this...so here we are!

connor was currently thinking about how much his life has changed in just a short amount of time. he stopped smoking weed and cigarettes for the better. he also stopped self harming and started reaching out getting himself the proper care that he needed for his mental health since his parents never believed that he wasnt okay.

connor also made friends along the way. one example being his closest friend evan hansen. he was the first person he ever talked to since his dark times and evan actually helped him. evan always went with him to his therapy sessions along with paying for meals right after. it was basically a routine for them and connor felt happy that it was.

evan wasn't like any typical teen to connor. he was different in some way. evan would always play with his shirt when he was nervous. he also always ordered a salad every time they went to get a meal while connor got a burger since he was thin. they never judged each other with their choice of meals.

connor always laughed every time evan would talk about trees or wild life. he learned that ever since evan was 7 he was fascinated with nature. his mom would take him to the forest and he would be telling her all the facts he knew about trees plants animals everything. his mother would be smiling and correcting him if he was ever wrong. connor thought it was the cutest thing.

another thing evan did that others didn't was listen. ever since he was 13 he just needed someone to listen to him. he wanted someone to tell him he was wanted...but he never got that wish until senior year of high school.

connor was extremely high the first day and pushed evan out of anger. connor didn't really mean to but it happened and connor to this day still felt guilty for doing that to evan. evan just smiles and put his hand on top of connors reassuring him that it was fine.

evan then got connors number and they texted each other non stop. with every text evan always had a "✨" in the end while connor always had a "🌙" which made them both happy to have the other.

connor just beamed at the thought of evan. he just felt nicer knowing that someone card about him when others didn't.

"hey...i was thinking we should do something...together" evan suggested as they were watching a film. evan had his hand in the popcorn bowl and shoved a mouthful in his mouth. connor looked at him and smiled.

"what do you wanna do?" evan finished chewing and swallowed. he got out his bright pastel blue wallet and took out something from it. he hid them behind his back and stood up grinning.

"what are you hiding behind there evan?" connor teased and tried looking but evan giggled and covered his eyes. connor stopped jittering and then smiled.

"okay on the count of three you can look" connor had my eyes closed as he heard things being picked up. connor wanted to look but then evan started to count.

"1" evan smiled putting on his mickey mouth ears and putting them on connor's head. connor laughed and smiled.

"what is this?" evan shushed him and smiled.

"2" evan started blushing when he saw zoe in the corner with the poster he asked her to make. he started tearing up as she went up to him and smiled. the poster said "i would really like if you'd go on a date with me to disneyland?". zoe gave evan a rose as well and evan smiled.

"aaaaand...3!" connor opened his eyes and immediately his eyes widened. his sister is in the room holding a sign. evan was wearing mickey ears and holding a rose.

"connor...ever since we talked i just... thought you were different. you're funny,smart,talented,and really really cute...so this is really stepping out of my comfort zone but...would you like to go on a date with me to disney?" evan was extremely nervous and connor put his hands on his mouth.