work / boyf riends

michael's p.o.v

"hi, welcome to lily's cakes and cafe what can i get you?" i have my biggest grin plastered on my face as the sweet lady and her young son ordered.

i felt myself smile wider being so thankful for this job. every other job i've had has been in was so...crowded.

in the application it read that this was a better and simple job and it truly was. no one really comes here apart from really retro styled people and old ladies. lily's cakes and cafe was  also really good pay. 22$ per hour!

"have a good day ma'am and you too little guy" i ruffled his hair and he giggled while the lady laughed. they waved as the boy held his mother's hand and walked out the cafe.

"you are such a perky person to the customers mell" i turned around and rolled his eyes seeing my co worker amber. i grinned and hit her side with my hip.

"your hips do not lie" she laughed and walked up back to prepare more pastries. i walked to the counter and looked around this very familiar place. this small empty cafe. the whole place felt calming and homelike. it's my second home if im honest.

"jeremy! we must go in here you guys in?" i heard a bunch of whistles and cheers coming from outside. i saw the door open and a bunch of kids my age come in. i recognised one of them so i guess they all went to the same school.

"anti-social headphones kid? woahhh you work here?" i blushed madly and looked to my left a little before nodding and smiled a little.

everyone sat down and i slowly grabbed the little notebook and walked up to them all. i put my biggest grin and looked at the boy i knew.

"what would you like?" the boys name was rich and he was smirking at me and ordered.

"what would you like?" the girls next to him ordered one by one and i giggled when one told a joke. i honestly never talked to these guys yet they make me laugh.

"what would you like?" the tall boy ordered and smiled at me and i smiled back.

"lastly what would you-" i looked at the last boy. he had crystal like blue eyes which sparkled as i looked at him. he had a stripped shirt along with a navy blue cardigan that covered his thumb and pinky to only expose his three middle fingers. i felt myself blush madly as i finished my sentence and he ordered quietly.

"alright dudes orders will be here in just a short moment so be right back!' i did finger guns at rich as i walked away feeling myself shake my head and run to the back.

"amber! you gotta help me serve these kids! they go to my school and one of them is....really fucking cute" i saw her turn around with a huge grin on her face. she ran up to me and gave me a hug while i hugged back.

"michael finally has a crush. i hope this guy is cute considering you like no one that comes in here" she poured 4 cups of water into different flavoured teas. i blushed as she patted my back and laughed.

"s-shut up let's do our job" i held up two cups of tea while amber held the other two.

"hello everyone! alright four cups of tea for all four of you beautiful girls" she laughed as i smiled and turned around.

"you know he isn't as shy as he is at school! michael likes to sing hit me baby one more time while cleaning the cou-" i grabbed her hand blushing madly as i pulled her away slowly while they laughed. except for the cute one. he just stared at me with this weird smile on his face.

"amber what the fuck! they don't need to know that!" i hid my face on her shoulder and she patted my back. she pulled me away and grabbed all the pastries they ordered. i smiled grabbing the other one before returning to their table.