feelings are fatal / boyf riends

trigger warning: depression, suicidal thoughts, self harm, just sadness so you've been warned

michael - age 8

"it's going to be okay michael" i jumped hearing an unfamiliar voice in my room and dropped my crayon. i looked back seeing a figure that was all black. it had no face or no body. just a black figure.

"who are you?" the figure let out a chuckle as it came close to me and hugged me. i never really get hugs from mommy or daddy at all so i hugged back feeling safe. the figure had their hand out so i grabbed it.

"im your protector lovely, ill follow you wherever you go and protect you. your mommy or daddy don't want you...but i promise to love you michael" i smiled at the black figure and hugged them. they made me happy that day.

michael - age 12

"oh honey, did they bully you again?" i slammed the door to my room and nodded. the figure hugged me as i cried holding them. i decided to name them virgil. virgil really liked that name. they also wanted the boy pronounces which i didn't mind. gender is just stupid.

"you know...i have a way to make this better for you love" i looked at him and sniffed. he had no face but he made me smile just looking at him. his hand grabbed mine and he lead me to the bathroom.

"find something sharp" i nodded looking around and finally seeing one of moms razors. i looked at virgil as his hand was out. i grabbed the razor and gave it to him. he broke it leaving the blade in his hand.

"okay honey, you're gonna take this object and place it on your wrist. once you do so...you cut" i jumped and shook my head.

"won't that hurt me virgil? you said you would protect me" virgil chuckled and placed the blade in my hand. i lifted up my sleeve and felt myself tense up.

"and i am michael. i will make you go silent and you will feel numb when doing this. this is only to protect you. you know i love you. im always wanting what's best for you" i sniffed and pressed the blade on my wrist.

cut 1

i screamed but made no sound. i heard virgil whisper to me. he was in my head again. i took a deep breathe and smiled trusting him. he is the only one who cares about me. he knows what's best for me.

cut 2

i didn't feel it this time. i looked at my wrist and it was bleeding like crazy but i didn't feel the pain. i smiled and closed my eyes feeling bliss. i knew to trust virgil.

cut 3

cut 4

cut 5

michael - age 16

i feel numb. my whole body is numb. virgil made it this way. ever since i was twelve he...made me better. he made me the person i am.

"excuse me?" i jumped and looked up seeing a guy with nice hair and nice clothes. he was looking down and rubbing his neck a bit.

"so...im new here and i was just wondering if you wanted to be friends? my names jeremy. jeremy heere" he shook my hand and my heart immediately started to beat rapidly.

"my names michael mell and...yes ill be your friend" he smiled and sat next to me. i was so shocked that he didn't call me a freak or a weirdo. he kept talking to me but i was really focusing on his face. he was so pretty.