the good side of things / kleinsen and treebros

okay i wrote this for my dear evan hansen animo and i worked so hard in it soooo I wanted to post it here. imma change some things up obviously but this is both kleinsen and treebros you'll see why if you don't follow my animo you should though it's softboyevan 🍒

age 8

"mommy i really don't want a new friend! what if this boy makes fun of me like the other boys at school do?" jared did not like people coming over to his house. currently he was complaining to his mother about the family that was coming over for dinner.

he wanted to be on his own. he wanted to be in his room playing with his building blocks while listening to the paw patrol soundtrack. not eat food with strangers!

"jared, this boy is very kind as my friend heidi tells me so don't worry okay?" eight year old jared just nodded and sighed.

"okay mommy" he ran to the living room and sat on the couch watching an episode of mickey mouse clubhouse before hearing the doorbell ring. he grabbed his stuffed bear and ran to the door. he opened the first door since the other door was impossible to open for jared.

he saw a lady with blonde hair looking right at him and she gave him a warm smile.

"can you call your mother pumpkin?" jared nodded and yelled out his mothers name. jared's mom was in the kitchen so she still had her dishwashing gloves on as she opened the door.

"hello heidi! im so glad you came over for dinner! im kinda washing the dishes right now so if you can just give me a minute that would be lovely. would you like some tea?" heidi grinned and nodded.

"now where's the famous evan hansen that i keep hearing about huh?" heidi looked down and saw evan holding onto her leg and hiding his face.

"evan? sweetheart it's okay. we are at jareds house remember? when i told you about jared?" evan looked at the boy with glasses and a teddy bear and blushed. evan thought he was very cute.

"i-im scared mommy" evan said in a whisper and heidi chuckled softly.

"no need to be afraid. jared is really nice! he will let you play with his toys" once evan heard the word "toy" he slowly moved away from his moms leg and looked at jared in the eye.

"okay you two go to the room while we talk okay?" jared looked at evan for a second before immediately turning around. evan looked nervous...too nervous.

once they made it to the bedroom, jared looked back at evan and scoffed. he walked up to his blocks and started building towers.

"can i play with you?" evan said as he watched the cute boy build houses and huge towers with his blocks. jared shook his head and rolled his eyes. he was annoyed.

"no. you can sleep or something. just leave me alone" jared pushed evan away a bit and all evan could do was nod. he climbed onto jared's bed and sat there wanting to cry. he didn't like being away from fun.

jared went to get another block from his huge bag of building blocks and suddenly all the towers and houses fell to the floor. evan gasped and got off the bed to help him.

"ill help you pick these up!" jared just watched as evan put the blocks back where they where before they fell to the floor. evan was grinning since jared was actually letting him build and not being mean.

"y-you didn't...laugh?" evan looked at him and shook his head. he put the final block on the final tower and smiled seeing that it was the same as before.

"i wouldn't laugh at you...that's mean...okay ill go sit back down on the bed again" evan turned around and as he was walking back to the bed, jared grabbed his wrist.