how did i get here? / tree bros

my eyes were widened at that moment. i felt my throat feel dry as i started into her enthusiastic expression.

"EVAN! YOU'RE GOING TO EDISON ACADEMY!!"

this sentence was by far the worst thing that my mother has ever said to me. over the summer she met up with a guy named henry who was the principal of the richest high school in the state.

i have no idea how he did it but he convinced my mom to let me enter the school. she said yes obviously for college reasons but i wasn't informed until the last week of summer break.

i am a very anxious person. more than the average person. i can't speak without a stutter. i speak so fast that people can't even understand me. i even make people uncomfortable. i smile and they look at me funny. my mom told me i had to take medication for my anxiety which sucks.

"so...first day of junior year" my mom walked up to me and i looked away with my arms crossed. i felt like the weakest link. (im making them all a year younger okay? okay let's continue)

"i don't want to go mom...ill be the poorest kid there not that money is important for me but it might be to them i mean they can get whatever they want and have everything being social and pretty and im here like ahh stutter stutter-" i got interrupted by my mom's embrace. i coughed a little and hugged her back.

"look honey i know it's scary. believe me i am scared for you as well. i don't want you getting picked on but this will really help with college. i know you want to go to a good school so we need to do as much as we can to achieve this goal" i held my mom tighter and shook up.

"mom...ill do this...for you...and for me..." i looked at her and smiled not wanting her to see what's behind the smile.

she smiled and kissed my cheek. i hugged her once more before grabbing my backpack and leaving. she told me to walk since the school is only 15 minutes away.

"well here goes...everything"

===
i arrived to the gigantic school and saw kids wearing the same uniform as me. i gulped and walked inside slowly not knowing where to go.

BING BING BING

bells started to ring and every teen inside and outside the school started to walk to a classroom. my eyes widened as i quickly took a turn and started to breathe quickly.

"too...many...kids...who will help me get to the counselor oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit" i heard bells ring once more and i saw empty halls.

i got out of the turn and walked into the empty hallways. it actually looked nice. i looked at all the signs and saw no sign that said "counselors office".

"what the fuck are you doing here?" i yelped as i turned around seeing a tall boy wearing black but seeing a little of the uniform shirt. his hair was long and he had freckles and a piercing. damn.

"o-oh i-im just looking for the c-counselor s-since im new and stupid for not letting my mom t-take me here when there was a-" i got interrupted with his eyebrow going up and biting his lip.

"you talk really fast" i turned red and looked at the floor. im making a fool of myself.

"alright come on small guy im taking you there" he turned around and walked away and lifting his finger telling me to follow him. i still felt red as i walked behind me. he is way cooler than me.

"also this gives me an excuse to skip 1st period i fucking hate science" i let out a little chuckle and smiled a bit.  that was pretty funny.

"and the boy smiles i like that smile way better than your nervous face" he turned to me and i smiled softly at him feeling my face turn pink. i never get compliments like this ever.