• 9 •

"You saw that right?" He asked as they made their way inside.

"You mean the one snag you made that I still don't know how you managed to get that high off the ground?"

"Yeah that one. I got hops sweetheart."

"I guess, but too bad you took an 0 for 4."

Harrison bit his lip. "I had a bad day. Kershaw shut us down."

"He sort of shuts everybody down."

"True."

Carrie then poked a finger into his chest. "Next time, he's not going to shut you down."

He followed her upstairs and into their bedroom. "Maddon says I'm getting a real day off tomorrow."

"So I can get some grocery shopping done tomorrow?"

"No. You still have to be there. I still might get in to pinch hit, or if Wilson gets hurt."

She smiled. "I'll always be there. But we really have to do some grocery shopping soon."

Harrison wrapped his arms around her. "We need more of my lucky raspberries."

Every time he ate raspberries for a pregame snack, he played well. And now that neither of them took a trip to the store in the last week, they were out of raspberries.

"You took your first o-fer of the season. So what?"

"It might continue on."

She pushed him back on their bed and straddled him. "You and your superstitions."

Harrison rolled to his side and gently kissed her. "You're so beautiful," he whispered, trailing the kiss to her neck.

He was now fully on top of her. "You're still the cutest player in the National League."

"What!?"

Carrie laughed. "How about the entire MLB sweetheart?"

"You know I have a thing for Mike Trout."

"Still? That's unacceptable," he said with a lopsided grin.

"Okay, can Mike Trout do this?" He asked before kissing her passionately.

"I'm sure he can do that. You need to try harder."

He rolled over onto his back and sat up so she was sitting in his lap. Then he stood up and spun her around while placing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

Then he dumped her back on their bed and rested all his weight on her. His lips met her once again. Mid kiss, the began to tickle her sides.

"Can Mike Trout do that?"

She started to giggle as his fingers snuck up under his jersey to tickle her sides even more. "Harrison!"

"Can Mike Trout do that? Huh? Can he?"

Carrie was laughing so hard she couldn't breathe. "I didn't think so."

⚾︎⚾︎⚾︎

Snap! The ball hit the rubber backstop. "Come on. That was perfect."

"It wasn't my pitch."

"So your pitch isn't a meatball right down the middle? Who lets that go?"

Carrie grabbed another ball and walked up the turf mound they moved into the batting cage. Just like he learned how to pitch to her, she learned to pitch to him.

"Throw me another fastball."

Carrie lifted her leg, started her delivery by lunging forward, and delivered another strike right on the outside corner.

He drove that one towards what would be right field. "Nice pitch."

"Another fastball?" She asked.

"Why, you getting tired?"

"A little. Since you let pitches go by right down the middle."

She grabbed another ball. This time, she was going to try and blow it by him. It was going to be hard since her fastball topped off at 87mph, and he was used to hitting pitches in the upper 90's. But she was working hard to get up into the 90's.

The next pitch felt good when she released it. Harrison was barely able to foul it off. They both looked over at the radar gun set up behind home plate. 90.

"Let's see it again."

She threw him another one that he was able to hit foul to the right side. 91.

Then she threw him a changeup. He looked so silly. It bounced just short of the plate, and Harrison found himself swinging at it.

"Didn't know we were going golfing," Carrie teased with a smile.