• 17 •

Harrison was loving playing for the Dodgers. He was having so much fun. The team was 13-2 since the trade deadline and they were setting themselves up to clinch a postseason spot and potentially the division in the near future.

Harrison had his first off day today since coming to the team. Even though it was technically his 'off day' he was going to get a pinch hit appearance as pitcher Clayton Kershaw hit 100 pitches after finishing the top of the seventh inning. 

Harrison grabbed his helmet with number 12 on the back of it. Coming to the Dodgers, he wore number 12 now because here in LA, number two belonged to the great Hall of Famer Tommy Lasorda. Heading up the dugout steps, he had a really good feeling about this at bat.

They were beating the Padres 8-0 when Harrison stepped into the box. It was the third game of the series and they had crushed the Padres the past two games meaning they had seen pretty much all of the Padres bullpen pitchers. He was also really excited for this bases loaded opportunity. He had Cody Bellinger on first, Kike Hernández on second, and Justin Turner on third. 

Harrison really wanted a slam here to add to his resume this season to potentially get himself into the NL MVP race. He was at 27 home runs already this season and it felt like home runs were coming even quicker for him here in LA. 

He had seen the same pitcher the last two games and had studied film overnight on his previous at bats and where he hit the ball. He had a single and a double that missed being a home run by only inches. Harrison took the first pitch high for a ball. The next pitch was his pitch, and he didn't miss it. As soon as the ball hit the bat, he knew it was gone. The whole stadium knew it was gone.

Harrison finished his swing before flipping his bat and breaking into his home run trot. He was almost a quarter of the way to first base in a jog by the time the ball landed deep in the left field stands. All the guys in front of him took their time rounding the bases as this was a no doubt shot. Harrison really wanted to see the StatCast on that home run as that ball was in the air for what felt like forever and it landed deep in the stands.

This was probably his slowest home run trot and that was due to the rest of the guys taking their time so he was on the field longer for the crowd to cheer. As he rounded third base, Cody, Kike, and Justin were all waiting for him at home plate.

"That was shot man, shit!" Kike said as he gave Harrison a high five. 

"What did you eat this morning?" Cody teased as they did their handshake.

"Literally nothing," he answered. "I think he wants out of the game since he put it right down the damn middle."

Just like he always did after a home run, he tipped his hat to Carrie. He would do it whether she was at the game or not because he knew the production guys always had a camera at this angle and she would see it on tv.

He really hoped she was watching back at home. She had told him that she was running to the hardware store to pick up the paint they picked out for the house. Carrie didn't say what she was doing afterwards and he wasn't sure if she was going to start the project without him. Harrison was smiling to himself as he put his helmet and gloves back because as soon as the game was over he would get to check his phone and see her reaction to his home run.

"What do you think Carrie's going to say about that shot?" Kike asked. 

"I don't know but I'm pretty excited. I think I'm going to have them try and get the ball back so I can send it to her."