Chapter 8 Plans

P.O.V. Kelsey
I run after him until I am able to catch up. He doesn't seem to notice that I'm behind him. So I do the awkward thing and I clear my throat. He does a quick look behind his shoulder and he keeps walking. Now I'm frustrated. I clear my throat even louder and with more power. He finally stops and turns around.

"Can I help you?" He says.
"Yes you can," I respond.
Though I don't actually know what he can help me with. I don't know if I can actually come out and say, "Hey I hate that you flirted with that blonde and by the way why have you been mad at me, blah, blah, blah." That wouldn't go well. He is still standing there and staring at me when I finally know what to say.
"Are you ok," I ask.
He looks puzzled for a moment before he puts on a brilliant smile.
"Couldn't be better."
Now I'm definetly confused. He doesn't look ok. He looks at me for a moment longer before turning and walking away again. And this time, I don't go after him.

P.O.V. REN
I flat out lied. I can't believe I lied to her. Though I'm glad she didn't ask anymore, though I'm a little sad she didn't come after me again. This first time surprised me a little but I didn't want to show it. I just.... I can't stand the thought of her talking or doing anything with another guy. I just have this pull towards her that I can't explain. I decide to take my lunch outside where I eat in the grass. No one else is around so I have some peace and quiet. I'm done right before the bell rings so I get up and go to my next class. Kelsey and Lu are already there and talking. I avoid eye contact and take my seat. Class is boring but with my good hearing I overhear a conversation between Kelsey and Lu.
"So what are you doing after school," Lu whispers.
"I have to walk home and do homework, why," Kelsey responds.
"Well I wanted to walk you home and talk to you."
"Sure I'd be fine with that. Do you live nearby?"
"Kinda but it's not too far off," Lu answers.
The conversation ends there and now I'm very intruiged. Whatever he wants to talk to her about must be important. I have to come up with a plan to find out. But how and what can I do?

P.O.V. Kelsey after school
When the final bell rings I walk outside and wait for Lu. I see him running from the building, completely out of breathe. I couldn't help but laugh.
"What....are...you....laughing....about?" He says between breathes.
"You, it's like you've come from running a marathon," I say while laughing.
He just glares at me and slowly catches his breathe. Finally he stands up and presents his arm.
"Shall we?"
I smile and grab his arm. Then we start walking home. It stays quiet for a while until he finally speaks.
"So.. umm well I wondering..." He runs his hand through his hair. He must be nervous.
"I was wondering if you wanted to go out this weekend?"
He looks around without meeting my eye. Wow, he's extremely nervous. I start to think about it. I mean I like him so why not. Something could happen.
"Yeah I'd like that," I respond.
He looks at me with a huge smile. Then he starts rambling off date ideas while I listen. For some reason, it feels like we're being watched.

P.O.V. Ren

Noooooooo!!!!!! No this can't happen.  She can't go out with him. They barely know each other. Then again, I barley know her. But that's different. I feel anger rise within in as I watch their walk. That little twirp things he can have her. Well let's see about that. I storm home quickly, forming a plan.

Heyyyy!!! Sorry about the long wait, school started up so I still need to find a better time management. Here's a semi long/short update. Hope you enjoyed it and this story so far. The next chapter will be their date and we will find out how Ren will try to stop it 🤔. Have a good day and remember to vote, like, follow, and share. Peace ✌