Chapter Four-A house of horror-(Section 2)

Quote: "Jody says everything's gonna get better", unquote, Amy, (Natasha Ryan), "The Amityville Horror", (1979).

***

The beginning of the Amityville Horror story is not the end.

Ronald De Feo, Jr., was arrested and taken to The Green Haven Correctional Facility, which was located at Beekman, (Dutchess County), a Maximum Security Prison, (in New York). It is on Route 216, (at Stormville), where New York's toughest...and infamous...criminals are held.

With DeFeo in jail for 150 years, (six by 25 years), for the deaths of his family, the end chapter in the DeFeo story ends here...until another family arrived at the Dutch Colonial house...and a new kind of horror happened...to the Lutzes.

***

THE LUTZ FAMILY

November 1975

"You're going to love the House", Edith, the Real Estate Agent, smiled, "...You see, we thought no one wanted the house...after what happened to the DeFeo's".

"What did happen?", asked Kathy Lutz, 30.

"They...look. They were good, religious, Italian-American family from Brooklyn. Sold the house for $US30,00 in 1965. A tragedy. But I'm digressing. The Boathouse is beautiful; the scenery is beautiful; the old, Dutch Colonial house has an...soul", Edith answered.

She wore glasses, a light, blue coat, a purple skivvy, blue colored flares, black colored shoes. And a diamond colored wedding ring on her right, middle, hand.

She had short, brown colored hair, brown colored eyes, and petite.

And she was 54 years old.

She stared at George Lee Lutz, who was 28.

"Do you love it, Sir?".

"Yes, thank you. It is huge. It is going to cost a lot of money". He saw their children playing in the yard. Missy Lutz, (who was five), skipped around her Mom; Christopher and his brother Daniel, (aged 7 and 9 respectively), raced down to the water...as if entranced by the house's scenic views.

"You already got a family?", Edith was shocked.

"We got married in June", Kath explained.

Edith grinned tightly.

Then she smiled once more.

"Okay, let's go inside the house", she hastily added.

And they followed her through the front door of the Ocean Avenue home. Instead of the words: "High Hopes', there was another sign that read: "AMITYVILLE-OCEAN AVENUE-SOLD!".

***

Page 5.