Chapter Eight-Jody and other phenomena-December 1975

Sgt. Gionfriddo, (Val Avery): Quote: "Maybe I am just chasing shadows", unquote, when he investigates the Amityville murders after Ronald De Feo, Jr., is arrested at the house at 112 Ocean Avenue, "The Amityville Horror", (1979).

***

The babysitter was around for a long time.

"Do I know what is going to happen, Mrs Lutz?".

"Well, you get $US50 for the night".

"That's good. I think that the kids will behave". She stared at Missy. Something dark was under her eyes. She blinked, then forgot that she saw something evil in the girl.

"Michael and Daniel will behave", George Lee Lutz barked. He watched the black colored goo seep over the toilet seat.

"We're settling in the house. We'll be home around 11:00 PM. If you need us we'll be at the Amityville Restaurant and Bar".

He wrote down the number.

And then they left.

Their dog, a Malamute/Labrador crossbreed, named Harry, ran into the boatshed. "Harry!", George dragged the animal with his right hand...and took him to his bed inside the house. The dog was scared. But it knew its Master wouldn't harm it.

And it soudly slept once it ate from the dog bowl...as they left the house for the evening.

***

The babysitter was wearing braces.

Her long, blonde colored hair gleamed in the darkness; her blue colored eyes focused on Missy. She wore a cream colored nightdress.

And she was wearing blue colored slippers on her feet.

"Why is it so cold!".

And she checked the temperature.

It was 43 degrees.

***

"Now you're scaring me, Jody", Missy said.

She was dressed in a blue colored nightdress.

A sinister grin was on her face.

"Time to go to bed, Missy".

"But Jody is here...".

"Who's Jody?".

"My friend".

"Well, go to bed. It's 7:30 PM".

And then she noticed the chandelier swing by itself.

Then the closet door creaked open.

And a evil force pushed her inside.

And locked the door...as Missy's eyes closed as if in a trance.

She was now possessed, just like Ronald DeFeo, Jr., was.

***

The babysitter was scared.

"Missy! Let me out of here". All of the other children in Amityville were normal. They did the right things; they did what was normal.

But she remembered the DeFeo children...

...How they were shot to death in the same house she was in...

...And she knew that the girl was queer...strange...weird...psycho. Yes, psycho. The boys were nice. But she wanted to leave...now!.

She banged on the door.

"LET ME OUT!!!!".

And, to her shock, she saw red colored eyes glaring malevolently at her...Piggish, hellish, eyes. And she heard the sound of cloven hooves rip across the room in anger...

...And she screamed once more...until her hands were bleeding.

***

By 8:00 PM, the boys were asleep.

A strong wind gusted from everywhere.

Missy stared into space.

Like she was on drugs...or wasn't.

And the nightmare continued.

***

By 11:00 PM, George and Kathy Lutz arrived home.

"LET ME OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!", screamed the babysitter.

She was bloody all over.

Kathy rushed to Missy's bedroom.

She opened the door.

"What happened?", she asked.

"Missy locked me in", she answered.

And cried.

"It was Jody", Missy said.

***

George hit his daughter.

"GO TO BED...YOU'RE GROUNDED!".

And he spoke gently to the frightened babysitter.

"Missy is grounded. Those kids need discipline. They can't do that kind of shit here. I'm sorry". He frowned.

"Let me get you cleaned up. My God, what the hell is wrong with our kids". She thought about law suits if her parents claimed abuse of their daughter...

...She took her home...and the horror turned destructive once the darkness arrived in Amityville.

***

Around Christmas time, (December 23, 1975), Sister Helena arrived at the Amityville House. She was the children's Aunt, and had had a kind, loving, heart.

She had walked to the front door when Michael and Daniel greeted her.

"How are you Michael? Daniel?", she asked.

"Good", they answered.

***

The Sister wore a Nun's habit on her head.

Her black colored shoes hit the ground.

When she headed inside, she saw a chandelier sway.

To her surprise, an evil, demonic, whisper came from the ether: "We don't want your kind here! Get outttttttttttttt!!!". She touched her head in pain...and fled the house before she could speak to Kathy and George Lee Lutz. Ignoring their pleadings, she raced out of the front door...and headed back to her convent in town in her car...But not before she opened the driver's-side door...and threw up.

***

Page 9.