Chapter Six-The Haunting in Amityville-December 1975

The house was normal.

"Mommy, can we play?", Missy asked.

"Yes, but be careful. Daniel, Christopher, don't go near the boatshed. Or water. Father Ralph J. Pecoraro is coming by to bless the house".

"Yes, Mom", they laughed.

And they played outside...unaware of the red colored eyes that was in the room where Ronald DeFeo, Jr., killed his parents in...gleamed with anger from inside the house.

***

Father Pecoraro arrived at 112 Ocean Avenue.

Nothing out of the ordinary fuelled the Father's intense pain. Yet. He saw the children playing outside; he saw George Lee Lutz and Kathy Lutz, also playing.

The Father served the Rockville Diocese, (Long Island), with a religious duty that made him popular in the 1970's, as honest, hard working, and served God and Jesus Christ in New York, over a long period of time until his death in the 1980's.

The Catholic Ecclesiastical Judge had a beard like George Lee Lutz. And Ronald DeFeo, Jr. He wore glasses, Priestly clothes, and a clerical collar that was around his neck. He wore black colored shoes on his feet.

And he was in his 30's.

***

Once he was inside the house, he saw the hallway.

He noticed that one of the doors was open upstairs.

The cold weather seemed unnatural in the early summer day. He walked upstairs. As he approached the door where some of the murders happened, he saw the wall. A crucifix was hanging upside down in a mocking gesture against God.

He picked it up in his right hand.

It burned his right hand.

"My God!", he said.

Dozens of flies swarmed the windows.

He begun to cough.

And he then heard a voice yell: "GET OUT! GET OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!". He didn't need any kind of prompting.

And he fled in horror...as the door slammed shut with a very loud banging noise.

***

Back in his Office, the Father knew that something was amiss at 112 Ocean Avenue. He would inform the Bishop of Amityville in due course...once he made a phone call to Kathy Lutz.

***

Kathy Lutz frowned.

She heard the telephone ringing.

"Hello?".

Crackling.

"Kathy...it's Father Pecoraro".

More crackling.

"Father...Why didn't you come to the house? Why didn't you bless the house?".

"I did...But I went to the room upstairs...I heard a voice that said 'GET OUT!'. And the cold, freezing, breeze...I think you're house is haunted".

Yet more crackling.

"Father!".

And then the phone lines went dead.

***

"Kathy...", George Lee Lutz kissed his wife.

"It's the Father. He came here...but he sensed a presence upstairs. And told me that the house is haunted".

"Well, why didn't he speak to us? We were outside".

"He thought we were too busy with the kids".

"For Christ's sake, Kathy. Getting a Priest to bless the house is not good".

"I am a Non-Practicing Catholic George; you're a Non-Practicing Methodist. Yes, there's no God; there's no Jesus Christ; there's no statue of Mother Mary, but we want to show your kids that something Godly can make a difference".

"Sure, honey. I guess a new start won't hurt".

And he kissed her again...while the temperature dropped to 43 degrees.

***

"It's cold! Isn't the heater on, dammit!", George Lee Lutz shouted.

"It is on".

"It's always cold. Get the heating on". He stormed to the boiler room that was downstairs. He wore a grey colored jumper, blue colored flared jeans, a black colored belt, black colored socks, and black colored shoes on his feet.

He flicked the light on.

"Shit, it's cold".

And he walked downstairs...where he saw trash all over the place.

The other family left fast...and didn't bloody clean up when they left last year! He reached the light. It burst on...and the room illumed the darkness.

Then he stared at the boiler.

Hellish flames rippled.

***

Firewood was to the left.

He threw some into the roaring flames.

And, once he was done, the coldness dissipated...until the house was reborn again.

***

Missy heard a voice in her bedroom several hours' later.

"No, I can't do that", she giggled.

"What's the matter, Missy. The invisible ghost is going to scare you?", Michael joked. Daniel whooped with laughter.

And pushed her on the ground.

"Don't!", she cried.

"'Fraidy cat!".

"Jody doesn't want you to hurt me".

"Jody! Oh, I love to hear her scream", Michael whooped. Suddenly he was near the window sill. It was open.

Then, when it crashed down on his right hand, he screamed so much that blood spilled down the fleshy part of the hand...as a hellish glow flowed in Missy's room.

Kathy rushed to the room.

"MICHAEL!".

"Jody was upset, Mommy! He made her angry", Missy yelled, crying.

"The window came down by itself, Mom", Daniel explained.

"What's going on?", George Lee Lutz yelled.

And he saw the blood on his son's right hand...and dragged the hand gently away from the window. "Ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!".

"How did the window close like that?".

"It was an accident, George", Kathy said.

"I'll check it out. Let's get him to the Emergency Room now".

And they left 112 Ocean Avenue with the children to go to the Amityville Hospital...while an eerie, red colored light lllumed the cursed bedrooms.

***

Page 7.